Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Hello everybody...

• jhawkr2222
  • jhawkr2222's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #3576 by jhawkr2222
I lost this place for a while. It's been rough not having this venue to discuss our Hawks. Anyways, I looked for a thread on Mitchell Ballock and couldn't find one. It made me sick to my stomach to see he gave an oral commitment to Creighton. That one hurts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 2 months ago #3579 by Bayhawk
Back to the flock!! Good to see your post.

Can you give us a link to young Mitchell?

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 2 months ago #3582 by konza63
Welcome back, jhawkr2222!

RE Ballock, given his frame and what-not, he struck me as the type of guy that, like Frankamp and others before him, would've garnered a lot of bench minutes for KU--at least the first year. So I'm sure he went where he thought he could start, and Creighton has a nice mid-major-type program. Just a thought...

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

More
8 years 2 months ago #3585 by Senex68
He's a shooting guard or possibly a small forward. And he's a shooter. His closest equivalent on our team is Mr. Green. Considering the fact that Green is a junior, and has barely played, and is probably one of the top 10 shooters in the country, it would give pause to any rational high school player when considering a Bill Self team. Self does not run his offense through outside shooters, which makes it extremely difficult for a 6'5" shooter to get the looks he would need to impress NBA scouts, nor even to get significant playing time. KU is not the ideal destination for players of that ilk, and we will begin to notice even more difficulty in getting that kind of shooter at KU.

"When you have a ruling class that doesn’t believe in — or even much like — the fundamental values of the nations it rules, things tend to work out poorly.”

Glenn Reynolds

More
8 years 2 months ago #3588 by Bayhawk
A quick question for you (waaaay off topic):

Who is in your avatar and where (what game) was it taken?

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #3592 by Wheatstate Gal
Dave Robisch (sp?) and Bud Stallworth.

Oh surely I've bored you with my: "I was in Da House the day he (Stallworth) dropped 50 on Misery. And YES, I'm sure I yelled Sit Down, Norm much of the day."

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 2 months ago #3596 by konza63
Robisch kind of resembles the actor Charles Grodin (if he had white hair) in that shot.

RE Stallworth, he's a pretty engaging guy. We ran into him at the tourney in Kansas City one year. He was serving as an informal Emcee at an alum pre-game event. He has a lot of interesting stories and isn't afraid to share them.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.