Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Texas at OU tonight

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #3553 by NotOstertag
Kind of an interesting matchup tonight. OU coming off the loss in Manhattan, and an improving Texas team, both tied for 2nd in the league.

The good news here is that no matter what happens, ONE of those teams will pick up a 4th loss. While it will probably be Texas, it's not a 100% certainty. The two haven't played each other yet, so there's no previous performance to use as a gauge of what might happen. The number say OU by 8ish.

Are we pulling for Texas to pull the upset, putting a serious hitch in OU's giddyup? That would make our game Saturday (assuming we beat WVU) less of a "must win". Then again, OU won't lose 3 straight unless something really weird is going on, so I'm not sure we need OU having any additional reasons to win would be helpful for us.

In any case, I'd love for this to be a physical game. OU has all week to get ready for us, but if their guys are tired or beat up, I'd take any help we can get.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.