Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

POLL: How will KU fare against WVU and OU?

Poll: How will KU fare against WVU and OU?

Get out a broom 'cuz here comes a KU sweep!
7 36.8%
We'll beat Huggins' boys but lose in Norman
10 52.6%
We'll lose at home but somehow win on the road
1 5.3%
We'll lose both and severely hurt our pursuit of #12)
1 5.3%
Total number of voters: 19
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #3548 by konza63
It's a huge week, sports fans. Pivotal, one could argue, for the Big 12 race.

So put your vote where your mouth is.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by konza63.
The topic has been locked.

Share this page:

More
8 years 2 months ago #3551 by NotOstertag
Kind of parallel's my pregame thoughts going into the Super Bowl: Carolina was going to win (head), but I wanted Manning to win one for the old guys (heart).

So I think we'll eek out a win in AFH, but winning in Norman will be a tall order. It's equally possible that we'll lose 'em both or win 'em both.

This is it. This is why we play the games. Outcomes don't always track with the predictions. Winning both is well within our abilities, and doing so would be a great way back to the top of the race. As KSU proved, anything can happen.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
More
8 years 2 months ago #3560 by SED
Guess I'm old school. I don't want to 'vote' and thereby jinx the club (as if what I do actually matters, but then I still wear the lucky sweatshirts under that same mistaken pretense). I do think the lads will acquit themselves well in the Fieldhouse Tuesday night but think Norman will be a tough game. Have to stop the Huggy's guard penetration, even with Holton out, and hopefully without gimmick defenses (triangle and two, box and one) so as to minimize their offensive rebounds. Our on ball defense this year has been fairly woeful and hope the home cooking can quicken our guard play. Hopefully, we can catch the Sooners on a bad day and Wayne goes out of his mind. Rock Chalk.

...authentic frontier jibberish...
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, NotOstertag, WAJayhawk
More
8 years 2 months ago #3562 by porthawk
Nice analysis....hope to see you post more often!
  • Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #3565 by Wheatstate Gal
love, love, LOVE the avatar/pic!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SED
  • konza63
More
8 years 2 months ago #3573 by konza63
Great to see you on here, SED. And I second Wheatie's comment about your avatar. That photo is simply stunning. And it makes me miss home.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
More
8 years 2 months ago #3578 by Bayhawk
I thought your avatar was an album cover -- very cool indeed. B)

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
  • konza63
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #3593 by konza63
Here's hoping the folks comprising the strong majority prove correct!

:woohoo:

• konza63
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #3825 by konza63
It's GAME DAY! :woohoo:

Looking back at the poll from before the WVU game, it looks like 7 predicted a KU win over OU, while 11 thought we'd go down in Norman. (Note: I threw out one "sweep" vote because it came in after KU had already beaten WVU--before I remembered to lock the poll)

Here's hoping the nay-sayers are wrong. (Full disclosure: I was one of the folks predicting a split, with a loss today--though I became slightly more optimistic about our chances vs. the Sooners after the WVU win)

My wife's family is Vietnamese, so I have to celebrate "Tet" (Vietnamese lunar new year) today and will be forced to watch the game on DVR delay tonight. (I love Tet--great food and traditions--but man, oh man, I'd love to watch this game real-time!) I'll have to perform some serious kabuki today to filter out texts, emails, and updates from family and friends so that I can watch the recording tonight without knowing the outcome.

See some of you on the board tonight, win or lose.

GO/FIGHT/WIN JAYHAWKS!!!

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago #3892 by HawkErrant
The old board I could tell how I voted when I returned to view it later.

Is there a feature on this platform that let's us do the same?

I want to say I predicted a sweep, but I really think I may have been in step with Brother Konza. I would sure be interested to see if I was more optimistic when I voted than I was today before the game.

I'l move this to "How to Use This Board" forum later, but this seemed like a good place to have it for now to ensure maximum user visibility.

Thanks!!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"