Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Time to start fretting about TCU

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #3372 by NotOstertag
So we head to TCU on Saturday and we no longer have any margin of error this season. We should and we MUST beat this team that's 1-8 in the league.

By all accounts we should win this one (just like our game at OSU...oops). With our 1-win road schedule so far, and the fact that TCU played us a lot closer than they should have in AFH, I'm concerned.

Some reminders:
>KU won 70-63 (7 points) after leading by 19 with 5:30 left.
>TCU turned a 15 point deficit into a 7 point loss in the last 1:30.
>During the last 1:30, TCU outscored KU 9-1.
>TCU outscored KU 35-33 in the 2nd half.
>TCU went 7-17 from 3 (41.2%) to KU's 5-20 (25%) from 3. Perry, Frank and Wayne combined for 1-9 from 3.

Bottom line, despite losing, I'm sure that TCU left Lawrence knowing that they can play with our guys, and that outside of AFH, they have a much better chance.

As always, opponents are always "up" for KU, and KU seems to have trouble finding motivation.

Will we win? Probably.
Could we lose? Easily.
Am I worried? Absolutely.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 2 months ago #3375 by JRhawk
You didn't mention the obscene 11am CT starting time. KU has shown trouble being awake much later in the day - I shudder to think about this Sat.

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #3381 by NotOstertag
Good point. It's noon out here on the east coast, so I'll have time to go get a haircut in the morning and run a couple of other errands.

Then I've got all afternoon to either a.) enjoy the rest of the day, or b.) find some kind of intense physically demanding project around the house to take on to safely vent my frustrations. Hoping for "a", but I'll pick up some advil to recover if it's "b".

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
8 years 2 months ago #3387 by Illhawk
This is a game that either we win or we start referring to the streak in the past tense. I've been dreading this at least since yesterday morning.

This would be the worst time for the Hawks to text one in. I'd like to think the road woes this year and the YMCA game would produce a focused and intense effort for the first 36 minutes, at which point the walk-ons start checking in, but this group just cannot seem to make themselves roll that way.

I am planning a fairly long, for the winter, bike ride for 1PM tomorrow. That will hopefully be fueled by a sense of relief.