Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

PAY HEED

• mpeterson44
  • mpeterson44's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #3253 by mpeterson44
Does anyone know who was making the "Pay Heed" videos? It seems that whoever was making them had inside access as post game locker room celebrations were a part of it. Here is a link to one of the past ones.
I sure enjoyed these videos and wondered why they seem to be discontinued. You can search YouTube for Pay Heed and see past episodes. Anyone know the story behind these videos?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• mpeterson44
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #3355 by mpeterson44
After some searching I found out that the "Pay Heed" video series was produced by the Kansas University Athletics Department and Jeff Forbes who was the video coordinator at the time. I do not know if he is still in that position. Maybe a little more research is called for. Will try to find out who fills the position of video coordinator now and attempt communication with them. Would anyone else like to see this series resumed? Wonder why they stopped the production. They were getting thousands of views on YouTube.

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #3356 by Wheatstate Gal
MP44---

Thank you. Not sure I've seen these.

Gosh--didn't that bunch look like they were having fun?!!!!

More
8 years 2 months ago #3364 by Hawknmo
More dunks in one 12 min YouTube than I've seen all this year. And yes, it did appear those guys were having fun. Also waiting to see that this year.

RKCKJHK!!!

More
8 years 2 months ago #3367 by JRhawk
That is a tear jerker of happiness.
Per KUAthletics.com staff directory, James Cox is now the Video Coordinator. Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I'm definitely interested in what you learn, mp44.

More
8 years 2 months ago #3394 by JRhawk
About 14 minutes from 2012-13 season. For me, was a powerful reminder of the differences between that team and teams since. They had 4 seniors (Withey and Releford had red-shirted too). EJ had 3 letters. Kevin Young just one, but he had a high motor. Fifth starter was RS Fr Ben McLemore - a true talent. Main subs So Tharpe and Fr Ellis. If not for the tragic meltdown in Arlington, think they would have won it all.
2013-14 had 1 Jr, 1 So, & 3 Fr. 2014-15 had 1 Jr, 2 So, & 2 Fr, plus RS Jr Traylor and RS So Lucas. It seems the trend to OAD's has not paid dividends for KU.

• mpeterson44
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #3758 by mpeterson44
I did email Mr. Cox to inquire about the Pay Heed videos and received the following response.

"The show has been discontinued because Jeff Forbes left the program to take a job elsewhere. We appreciate your support for our program and glad to have you as a Jayhawk!"

So the Pay Heed series must not be in the job description of the current video coordinator or KU Athletics. Maybe Jeff Forbes was doing this on his own time. Will miss the series though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, JRhawk