Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Okay, we won...by 17...but...

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #3237 by porthawk
...it still didn't feel very satisfying. I'm not sure why though.

I hate to point out what I didn't like, but that's where my mind is now:
  • Selden did not build off the strong performance in the UK game. At one point it looked like he had a couple of words with HCBS. (It happened after a TO was called at some point in the middle of the second half.) I'm sure it was just a heat of the moment thing, but wanted to point it out to see if anyone else noticed it.
  • Why did Greene not play in the 2nd half until the last two minutes? He had that huge 4-point play at the end of the first half and appeared to be playing solidly overall. You'd think he would have been one of the first subs off the bench (like he was in the first half).
  • No Bragg or Diallo in the 2nd half...although Bragg's +/- was the worst on the team.

I wonder what it would take for everyone to be pleased with the team. Obviously a 23-4 run (or something like that) to start the game would have been a big confidence booster, that did not happen. Like HE pointed out, KSU was playing with their starting PG so you would have liked to think that we would have run them out of the building....alas, that did happen.

On to TCU...
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by porthawk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.