Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Poll - UK #2

Poll: Do you think KANSAS will pass UK in All-Time Wins in AY2024-25?

Darn tough to gain 5 wins in one season, so no.
2 33.3%
I got a feeling... so YES!
3 50%
Hmmm... I'll go with tied when all is said and done come April 2025
1 16.7%
Total number of voters: 6
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
2 weeks 3 days ago #32710 by HawkErrant
Will KANSAS pass UK in All-Time Wins next season?

Our Jayhawks finished 2023-24 as they started it, 5 games back after absorbing the impact of the NCAA IARP 15 win penalty.

What say ye???

Yeah, I'm doing other things today, but I am also just waiting around for news on Alabama sophomore transfer G Rylan Griffen committing to take the 13th ride for KU for next year.

Griffen (note there is an "e", not two "i"s, in Rylan's family name) is visiting KU this weekend, and hopefully will return home a Jayhawk!

Also visiting this weekend --
Class of 2025 5* PG Darius Acuff Jr, the top PG in the class -- #9 overall in Rivals 2025 Top 150, #4 in 247Sports 2025 rankings and #10 in ESPN 2025 Top 60.
Dajuan's replacement after 2024-25? Hmmm...

Something to consider -- his dad played for Kurtis Townsend when they were both at Eastern Kentucky, which bodes well for KU. Per Michael Swain on 247Sports.com
The Detroit native previously had this to say about KU before his initial visit to campus.

"There is a coach on the staff who used to coach my dad back in college, Kurtis Townsend," Acuff said. "So it's like having some family there which is good for sure but it's mostly about what coach Self does with his guards. I've seen the development they do with their guards and Dajuan Harris who he has now, he just lets him run his team."

Other schools he is interested in -- and vice versa -- are UK, UConn, Houston, Alabama, Michigan and Michigan St.

Here's 247Sports' Director of Basketball Scouting Adam Finkelstein, writing after watching Acuff compete at the City of Palms Basketball Classic in Fort Meyers (excerpted from the previously linked 247Sports article)...

"Acuff's scoring and playmaking presence was a constant for IMG this week. He has good positional size, a strong frame to absorb contact, and a ton of craft to his game. He changes pace extremely well, has a soft floater game, good dexterity, and a ton of wrong-footed finishes and passes in his game. He was also a consistent shooting threat from behind the arc with good touch and rotation. There were times when the ball got stuck in his hands, but he showed pinpoint passing ability as times as well. He threw lobs as well as anyone and also nailed shooters in their shot-pocket around the perimeter."

Keep those Jayhawk talons crossed, y'all!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, boulderhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.