Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Visitors to KU this weekend

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #32692 by HawkErrant
Here ya go, replay… ;)

From Shay Wildeboor/JayhawkSlant this morning (2024-04-18);
I was going to wait and drop this on Friday, but it’s already getting out. From what I’ve been told, Darius Acuff* and Rylen (sic) Griffen** will be in town this weekend to visit. Obviously, this is big, big news for the staff.

I also know that many of you have questions about Labaron Philon and his future at Kansas. Obviously, there is some, so when there is smoke, something is going on.

I was told the stuff was (sic) Philon was just rumors. I talked to someone close to him and was told it was just rumors.

I still firmly believe that the staff would like to add both Griffen and AJ Storr. In fact, that’s kind of what I expect at this point. Not saying the deal is done, but I could very well see that being the case.

================
* Rivals #9 5* Darius Acuff (6-2/170) is #1 PG for 2025.

** First - name spelling is important, one is his name, the other is not (etiquette, folks, plus it’s just nice to get it right) and…as it looks like he just may be a Jayhawk soon…

RYLAN GRIFFEN
not Rylen
not Griffin
The 6-6/190 SG Alabama sophomore — defensive STUD — Self wants.

As noted yesterday, the were “rumors swirling” that Labaron Philon might be asking for a release from his NLI, fear of the competition. Apparently those “swirling” rumors were just that if Shay’s info is good.

I can’t shake this picture of 2 or 3 old farts (note the non-gender specific description) sitting around “swirling” creamer into their coffee - or Irish whiskey or both into their coffee - while discussing potential rosters for next year. I can just hear them mulling over the idea that Philon might be buried under Harris, Mayo and sophomore Jackson^, and with Self wanting to add both Griffen and AJ Storr, while keeping a spot open for Furphy should he return, maybe …
Of such are rumors made.
One tweet “Rumors are swirling…” and Bob’s yer uncle! The rumor is around the world before the truth can get out of bed and get its shoes on…

^In examining Jackson I have to keep reminding myself just how far behind he is from his peers because he has only been playing organized hoops for 4 years (counting his freshman year as a Jayhawk). Here’s hoping he makes a big sophomore jump (instead of slump) and challenges for 20+ minutes per game.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by HawkErrant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.