Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Scott Drew turns down UK

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 weeks 4 days ago #32659 by HawkErrant
Good news tweet!

Glad to read it.

Last thing that talent magnet in Lexington needs is a good coach. And I like keeping talent in the Big 12, especially going into the future wars with the SEC and B1G.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, boulderhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 weeks 4 days ago #32660 by HawkErrant
ESPN summation of UK search to date

In brief, it is said the initial targets were
Jay Wright
Dan Hurley
Billy Donovan
Scott Drew

Nate Oats (Alabama) released statement saying he’s not going anywhere,

NEXT?
Auburn's Bruce Pearl?
Illinois' Brad Underwood?
Xavier's Sean Miller?
Florida's Todd Golden?
Iowa State's T.J. Otzelberger?
BYU's Mark Pope?

Spitballing right now - at least the writers are. Really seems to be no one has a clue now that the top tier has declined.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #32665 by NotOstertag
I just read that Hurley hasn't "officially" turned it down. UCONN has a parade scheduled for Saturday, so if he were to take it he'd wait until after that. UK is allegedly making him an offer that would make him the highest paid coach in all sports...including football. So the author is claiming that the longer they go without an "official" no from Hurley the better it looks.

Caveats;
1.) article was written by a UK fan and probably has a bunch of wishful thinking in it
2.) I'm not sure what the difference between Hurley's comments turning down the option and whatever an "official" no is. I guess they want to officially dangle the cash and see what he says.

I'd be shocked if he took the gig.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk, boulderhawk