Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Dan Hurley

• replayloungehawk
  • replayloungehawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 weeks 4 hours ago - 4 weeks 4 hours ago #32629 by replayloungehawk
Decided to go ahead and watch the NC. Holy cats, I can't stand Dan Hurley. He's worse than the squid. He is a whiney baby. Comes out on the court, talks to opposing teams players it's ridiculous. He's always out of the coaches box. I sure hope they lose because he can't be knows as a back to back championship coach.
Last Edit: 4 weeks 4 hours ago by replayloungehawk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
4 weeks 56 minutes ago #32630 by LKF_HAWK
Unfortunately UCONN wins it again. Just downright annoyed that for 99 years this program did squat and now in 25 years 7 FF, 6 tittles, 12-1 record in the FF, most god awful obnoxious fans and coach… Hurley in 5 years has equaled HCBS w/ 2 titles, but it the most dominant fashion possible. Gosh darn it, makes me want to puke.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #32639 by NotOstertag
We NEED bad guys. Norm Stewart, Billy Tubbs, etc.

The best thing about Hurley is his obnoxious narcissism. His attitude is tolerable (to UCONN fans and administrators) as long as he's delivering NCs. Nevertheless, this same attitude will make him completely INtolerable and very unemployed the microsecond that he stops delivering.

Reminds me of North Korean president Kim Jung Il. Nobody likes him but as long as he can keep his people away from information and oppress them, he's fine. But the second he starts losing his grip, there are a long line of folks ready to bump him off. He's in an impossible situation where his only choice is to run out the clock hoping in a battle he'll never be able to win.

Ditto with Hurley. His list of enemies is long and growing exponentially. The powers within UCONN can nuke him at any time, and his behavior will just continue to erode his patience.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #32640 by LKF_HAWK
Unfortunately Bad Guy are winning too much in this instance.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #32643 by NotOstertag
Agreed, but remember, the Sooners were the best (and cockiest) team in the country in 1988 until the last game of the season. :dry:
As sweet at that win was, it was made all that much sweeter combined with OU's obnoxious and cocky behavior that year.

Hurley is going to stumble and when he does it will be epic because deep down, nobody likes the guy.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #32650 by LKF_HAWK
NotO- just my 2 cents, but Dan Hurley has b2b NCAAT so he has bought himself so much equity that even when he stumbles it won’t take the shine off him. Look how long the late Bobby Knight was revered. Tubbs won, but he never won the NCAAT. My fundamental issue is Hurley can back up his ways with NCAA Titles and UCONN has 6 in 25 years. What the heck