Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Tyon Grant-Foster

• replayloungehawk
  • replayloungehawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 month 1 week ago #32552 by replayloungehawk
Did anyone else watch the Grand Canyon Alabama game? I did. This kid for Grand Canyon was extremely awesome. His name Tyon Grant-Foster. Upon further review I saw he played at KU one year before transferring. We could have used him this year. Man he was fun to watch. Had 29 tonight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
1 month 1 week ago #32553 by sasnak
Fun game, wish they had won. Bama was playing Thug ball. Tyon was good in this game and Friday’s game.

It'll feel better when it stops hurting

• replayloungehawk
  • replayloungehawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 month 1 week ago #32554 by replayloungehawk
They sure were. And what's ridiculous is their coach complained during a timeout interview about not getting fouls. What a doofus.

More
1 month 1 week ago #32557 by USAF Jayhawk
TGF struggled to get playing time under HCBS. He's not the only player who transferred away to see great success elsewhere (Andrew White III, Quentin Grimes are two other good examples). Always wondered why they would struggle here and not other places. Is it because Coach demands defense? Is it because at KU they're normally surrounded by as good or better players and won't "shine" enough?
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, boulderhawk

More
1 month 1 week ago #32564 by NotOstertag
I think it's usally a depth thing. Looking at most of these, other guys were ahead of them in the rotation and/or new guys were coming in who would be ahead of them, so they go where they can get minutes. Zack Clemence is an example of that and he decided to split after we brought in Dickensen. Obviously he reconsidered and took a red shirt.

There are also likely times when a kid just isn't happy with program. I thinik it was Conner Frankencamp who came to KU for a year, had a dad who sort of meddled around causing problems, and he split for Wichita State where he had some success.

The bigger difference these days is that between NIL and the portal, guys are transferring more, and it also seems that the unwritten rule about transferring within the same conference is no longer a thing.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot