Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Cal and UK go down...so sad

• USAF Jayhawk
  • USAF Jayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #32510 by USAF Jayhawk
Watching UK fail to get out of the first round...again...makes me so happy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, boulderhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #32514 by NotOstertag
...and I picked Oakland in one of my brackets.

Not that I did any analysis, but Oakland has made the tourney several times over the years and has had an improving program from when I lived a few miles away and they were still Oakland Community College. Add in my total hatred of all things UK and Calipari and it was an easy pick.

Andas a smaller benefit, if KU falters vs. Samford tonight, it'll be a 13 upsetting a 4 which won't be QUITE as bad as UK losing as a 3 which will be "the" big headline of the first day.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, boulderhawk

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #32516 by HawkErrant
And with KU winning tonight they are guaranteed to finish the AY just 5 back from UK, no worse than when the season started. That’s comforting news given the ups and downs of this iteration.

Every additional win they can earn gets them that much closer.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk, Bayhawk, boulderhawk

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #32520 by NotOstertag
And with Cal not getting his boys past the first weekend in the past 5 years, he's not making any new friends in Lexington. Self seemed to be snakebit at the NCAA for a while, but it was early in his tenure here. The fact that it's happening to Cal 15 years into his tenure there seems like a bigger problem. It's easier to say, "he'll figure it out" than it is to justify, "he used to know and lost it."

Sorry not sorry.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, boulderhawk