Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Schadenfreude points

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #32501 by HawkErrant
1. KState missed NCAAT, accepted NIT bid

2. In their game 1 Iowa beat them 91-82, never trailing in the game. KState tied it 3-3 less than a minute into the game, but Iowa separated themselves from the little apple kitties after that. Leading by 11 at the half, Iowa won by 9. KSU started H2 on a 10-2 run to get back to 3 down, then the HAWKeyes got their groove back and pulled away for good.

I know, I shouldn’t take pleasure in the misfortunes of others, no matter how horrible their fan base may be. But this postseason this just may be one of the sweetest non-KU moments in my recent memory. Not quite the same as those other Wildcats - the defending National Champions - losing to Robert Morris in game 1 of the 2013 NIT, but still so, so good.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.