Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

What my sainted grandmother called a "bad patch"

Poll: Tournament success, how far?

None
2 28.6%
Second round
1 14.3%
Sweet sixteen
2 28.6%
Elite eight
1 14.3%
Are you high?
1 14.3%
Total number of voters: 7
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Bayhawk
  • Bayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #32468 by Bayhawk
It's been a year to forget. How quickly do we get to put it behind us?

--RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #32470 by HawkErrant
I doubt we ever truly will.

Right up there with 2019, the Season That Ended The Streak.

Have to believe our biggest disappointment this year comes from the preseason high projections crashing down as the recruiting mistakes, injuries and frankly the sometimes bone-headed defense added up.

Some great parts to this team, as evidenced by the individual conference honors. But the whole too often came together to be less than its sum on the court.

Like 2019, had a solid scoring big whose defense was suspect.

And the rest of the offense?

McCullar playing hurt late - when he played - didn’t help.

Timberlake was sadly a “no go” for all but one or two bright spots. Is it foolish to keep hoping he’ll find his groove in the post season against teams that don’t know KU as well?

Can’t really fault Furphy for being a great freshman who — as most freshman do — hit the wall. Squid has written the book on how freshman usually come up short against experienced upperclassmen. Just because we don’t like him doesn’t mean we should ignore his contribution to the history of the subject (what’s that old bromide about a blind pig?)

Dajuan Harris, despite all his other fine attributes, has consistently shown he cannot be relied on for points in crunch time.

KJ is a fantastic 6th man, but lacks the outside scoring needed in a 4 today. And then there is his frustrating lack of rebounding.

Jackson shows potential to be excellent, and McDowell looks to be solid, but both are inconsistent freshmen.

Wish them all the luck in the world for the NCAA T, but have significant doubts they will make it to the Sweet 16. Frankly I’m hoping they don’t join 2005 & 2006 in KU MBB history.

I’d love a crow dinner.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, boulderhawk, porthawk

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #32471 by NotOstertag
If Hunter and Kevin are healthy enough to play I think we have the potential to get out of the first weekend alive. That'll also depend a bunch on where we end up playing and who we get matched up with. So I'm not necessarily confident we'll be playing a 3rd game, I'm hopeful and think it's possible.

Sad.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, boulderhawk