Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Senior Game Night 2024 - Pregame RCB members dinner at hoshi's

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #32389 by HawkErrant
The Lawrence RCB Koffee Klatch folk welcomed jaythawk1 (Edmond, OK, and proud papa of the designer of our Hawk Signal and Hawk Phone graphics I use in the pregame posts) and his brother Dave (Wichita and a Shocker, but he was all KU last night), in town to attend the SENIOR GAME in AFH, to a little nosh at the abode of hoshi and his beloved.

We should do this before EVERY game if the Hawks are gonna play as they did last night!

2024-03-05 RCB members meet at hoshi's place before KState @KU Men's Basketball Senior Game (KU 90, KSt 68).
L-R: HawkErrant, Mrs HE, DocHawk, jaythawk1, hoshi, Dare (hoshi's BiL), jaythawk1's brother Dave, WheatState Gal.
Picture by Mrs. hoshi.

Thanks to hoshi and Mrs. hoshi for hosting!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: sasnak, hairyhawk, boulderhawk, Socalhawk, porthawk, replayloungehawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #32390 by LKF_HAWK
Thanks for sharing! Hope you all had a wonderful time at the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, boulderhawk

• jaythawk1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • RCJH! e'77, b'77
More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #32391 by jaythawk1
It was wonderful to break bread and be in fellowship with this fine group of folks. It was very gracious of all of you to adjust your Saturday get together on our behalf. My brother, David, and I thank you again!

And hoshi for the parking spot for the game.

RCJH!

Education Is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence~Robert Frost
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by HawkErrant. Reason: removed erroneous Map input

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #32392 by hairyhawk
Looks like a lot of fun. It was a good game to go to as well. RCJH
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #32400 by hoshi
Good pizza, beer, Jayhawk cookies, great company, followed by a Jayhawk win, it does not get much better.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein

• replayloungehawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #32403 by replayloungehawk
This is really cool. Thanks for sharing. We don't live in KS anymore (live in Dallas area for about 10 years after moving from Wichita) and I don't have any friends on this board as in peeps I hang out with. So other than those I've made simply through posting I don't know anyone, so getting to put names with a face is really awesome! Very much appreciated.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #32405 by hoshi
I'm helping with some KUEA fundraising in the SF area on Friday/Saturday and attending the KU/HU watch party at The Patriot House bar. If any of you attend those watch parties, let me know.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #32407 by JoJoHawk
And the award for best product placement technique goes to… Dare who exhibited just the right amount of pride and satisfaction whilst nonchalantly turning label of Free State Copperhead Ale toward camera!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, hairyhawk