Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Puuurrrrfect!!!

• replayloungehawk
  • replayloungehawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #32386 by replayloungehawk
Season hasn't gone like we wanted but that was fun to watch. The second half was amazing. If Timberlake can get going and play that way consistently we got our sixth man!

Rock chalk!!! Great win
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, boulderhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #32388 by HawkErrant
Nick playing like we hoped he would.
Hunter crashing boards and passing like a Porsche.
Kevin Mc back!

Add in "The One" Harris and KJ Adams and the Melbourne Madlad Johnny Furphy!

This is the team that can beat anyone.

Hopefully they mesh close to this for the rest of the games they play this year.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, boulderhawk

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #32395 by Riverhawk
Love the win, too, but let's not get too far over our skis. K-State is not very good. Let's see how the guys do Saturday against Houston. That will tell us more about whether these guys can make some noise in the Big Dance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk

• HawkErrant
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #32397 by HawkErrant

HawkErrant wrote: Nick playing like we hoped he would.
Hunter crashing boards and passing like a Porsche.
Kevin Mc back!

Add in "The One" Harris and KJ Adams and the Melbourne Madlad Johnny Furphy!

This is the team that can beat anyone.

Hopefully they mesh close to this for the rest of the games they play this year.

Riverhawk wrote: Love the win, too, but let's not get too far over our skis. K-State is not very good. Let's see how the guys do Saturday against Houston. That will tell us more about whether these guys can make some noise in the Big Dance.

Hey now!

Assuming you were directing your comment to mine, I would submit that I am displaying a well balanced and hopeful position "over my skis". This team has already beaten UConn, Houston, Tennessee and Kentucky, and is (last I read) 7-3 against AP Top 25 teams. That fact, plus the return of Kevin Mc (may he stay okay!) and the long awaited for appearance of the shooting eye of Nic Timberlake (may it stay with him for all the remaining KU games) and my now emphasized final sentences all support that my position is a hopeful one and not an overly optimistic or totally unrealistic one.

Can they win it all? (Talking NCAA, don't really care about the B12T, but sure, I'd like that as well)
Sure, if they stay healthy and focused and especially if Kevin Mc finds his layup touch (he was 5-14 FG, and 5 of those 9 misses were layups [2-7] and he was 1-3 on short jumpers [2-4 on 3s]), and Hunter gets his shooting eye back (despite his great game on the boards and at the free throw line he was just 5-16 from the field, and he only took -- and missed -- one trey).

Are the odds long?
Oh, yeah.

But I'm riding all the way to the end with our guys, hoping for the best and if not a season ending win then at least a good showing in the process. No UCF muck up or TT blow outs, please.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk, hoshi

• HawkErrant
More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #32399 by HawkErrant
As an aside -- when texting during a game konza63 and I sometimes refer to Dajuan Harris as "The One" because when voice texting our iPhones have interpreted "Dajuan" as "the one".

Inside joke. but we like it.

Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by HawkErrant.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #32401 by Riverhawk
I'm riding as well, and hoping that Nick and Elmarko step up like Remy, Malik, and others have in the past. And KU has some great wins this season. But when was the last one? Houston, at the Phog. The early season wins were great, but those were quite a while ago. I'm not sure this team is athletic enough and/or shoots well enough to go very far. I really, really, really hope I am wrong. I think a key to everything is Furphy. He is the real deal, but lately it seems to me that he may have hit the "freshman wall". Maybe he has just been deferring to the vets, but he doesn't seem as aggressive as he was initially. With his energy and athleticism, he can make a big difference. Rock Chalk!

• replayloungehawk
  • replayloungehawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #32402 by replayloungehawk
I don't expect a win Saturday. I'm simply hoping they play a great game. There are really three losses this year that stick out to me. UCF, WVU and BYU. Take those away and I'm OK with this season. It's always tough to play @ KState, ISU and Tech. So those were losses that could have happened anytime. Certainly not a blowout like Tech but you know what I mean.

As far as what's next, I agree RH that they need to actually be consistent but to HE's point, they have beaten some tough teams so they know how to win. I was thinking/hoping this was a team that played to their potential against the best of the best and sunk to the lower competitions level. I feel that's actually a better place to be as long as you get your head on right and get through the first few rounds of the tourney...but like others, I am still quite skeptical about what they will do this year in the tourney. Either way, blowing KState out was fun!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, boulderhawk

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #32404 by hoshi
I'm helping with some KUEA and School of Pharmacy fundraising in the SF area on Friday/Saturday and attending the KU/HU watch party at The Patriot House bar. If any of you attend those watch parties, let me know.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, boulderhawk

• HawkErrant
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #32406 by HawkErrant
Oooh, hoshi, now that stirs a wee bit an envy in mein Deutsche/Brit soul!

It’s been decades since Anna & I lived in San Fran. We need to make a return visit, check out our old haunts (mostly in Marin County, as our place was just across the Golden Gate Bridge, but also in The City) and hopefully hook up with Bayhawk and his Cal Bear while there!

Have a blast, and hopefully celebrate a solid KU performance — as a minimum — against the Cougars!