Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Season

• Riverhawk
  • Riverhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 months 4 days ago #32336 by Riverhawk
might as well be over. Can't guard threes, either

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
2 months 4 days ago #32337 by LKF_HAWK
BYU, seriously BYU is going to come into AFH and upset this team. Embarrassing.

More
2 months 4 days ago #32344 by NotOstertag
In golf, when the number of holes you are behind your opponent is equal to the number of holes left, it's referred to as "dormie". No idea where the term comes from, but I'm sure it's some old timey Scottish slang that somebody came up with after a few drams.

KU is essentially "dormie" and while not officially eliminated from the conference race, KY would have to win out AND Houston would have to lose every game for us to catch them. While being "dormie" in golf on the 15th hole isn't an enviable position, plenty of people have come back from this spot to salvage a round of golf. Sadly, in our case, the odds are MUCH worse of that happening.

At this point, I'm just hoping we can beat KSU in AFH so we don't need to hear from mildcat fans for a year. As for the post season, I don't see us making much of a run if we're capable of blowing a 12 point lead in AFH against unranked teams. It seems that the best we can hope for going forward is to minimize the embarrassment we're likely to suffer.

At least golf season is starting up.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, boulderhawk