Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

McCullar status 2024-02-22

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #32300 by HawkErrant
“No, I do not know,” said Self when asked if Kevin McCullar, Jr., would pay on Saturday. “He hasn't done anything yet this week, so we'll probably wait and see if he's able to do anything today. Today will probably determine if he plays on Saturday as much as anything. But I probably won't tell you guys.”

From Shay @JayhawkSlant
Thursday afternoon

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk, Bayhawk, boulderhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #32301 by hairyhawk
That really isn't good that he has not been able to do anything so far this week. Injuries on a team with no depth are a real issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #32302 by sasnak
Well, I am just going to say it. First, let me say, I am usually pretty upbeat about our ups and downs throughout the season(s). If Kevin's status is unknown before every game, then for all intents and purposes, this season is over. No one has stepped up when he was out and I just don't see it happening. I hope I am wrong on all accounts because I just don't see us winning with Kevin on the bench.

It'll feel better when it stops hurting
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #32304 by hairyhawk
The Hawks did beat the team that is currently ranked number 11 in the country without Kevin McCullar, so they are not easy to beat even without him. They really need everyone else to play well. As the saying goes they have a very small margin of error.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk, Socalhawk

• replayloungehawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #32305 by replayloungehawk
Let's all remember that Remi was hurt for some of the season and I think that helped us get better without him and then he came back and it was the spark that we needed. Hopefully that's what happens here. Kevin gets rest, others get forced to step up, they do so, Kevin returns and all together the team is stronger and we win another championship!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, boulderhawk, newtonhawk

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #32309 by LKF_HAWK
The fundamental issue is the structure of this team. Yes some unexpected events w/ transfers, big miss w/ Timberlake thus far, Morris mess and frankly Jackson/ McDowell haven’t developed. KM going down, arguably an AA, is tough but it’s fatal because of all of the above, and frankly imo a poor job on the part of HCBS and staff in building the roster.

Watching the likes of TTU, TCU, ISU go 7-10 deep with a quality bench, it is frustrating that Kansas can’t. No Big 12 team should be able to build a better roster than Kansas.

That being said, HCBS is one of the best coaches in developing players and getting them to their ceiling. Let’s see how this plays out.