Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Down by 5 at the Half

• hairyhawk
  • hairyhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 months 4 weeks ago #32279 by hairyhawk
When your opponent shoots almost 60% from 3 point range with 7 makes and you shout 25% it is not surprising when you are down at the half. When you are down by only 5 that is an indicator you did some things well. I guess free throw defense is the thing they did well? The Hawks didn't shoot a single free throw in the first half and OU was only called for 4 fouls. Hopefully the Hawks can come out on fire in the 2nd half.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LKF_HAWK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #32280 by LKF_HAWK
Hawks toughed one out on the road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #32282 by NotOstertag
When your opponent shoots almost 60% from 3, you're not playing good defense. Either you're allowing good shooters to get the ball in comfortable positions or you're not challenging their shots.

25 minutes of lackluster performance and 15 minutes of decent play.

This bye week couldn't have come at a better time. Yes we got a win, yes it was on the road, and yes it was a ranked team. Of the two potential outcomes today, we got the better one.

Nevertheless, we have a week to get healthy, figure out a rotation that includes a 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th player, and get our heads together.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot