Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Chiefs won the SB - KU MBB is god awful

• LKF_HAWK
  • LKF_HAWK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 months 4 days ago #32259 by LKF_HAWK
Same old story, can’t defend the 3, a nobody goes for 30 points, but at least it was a total butt kicking. HCBS, and he admitted it has built a team that is going nowhere Lot is season to go, but unlike Chiefs, there is nothing in this team’s makeup that says they will figure it out. Looks like a down year for Kansas hoops. I know there will be those who say we are spoiled, but darn it this is Kansas we should not be getting beat by 29 pts by TTU anywhere, anytime. Shaking my head at how soft these guys are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, boulderhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
3 months 3 days ago #32260 by Riverhawk
It seems like every team this season lights KU up from three...why? And in an obvious blow out loss, with a "banged-up, tired " team, he plays KJ and Harris 36 minutes each. Why? I do not understand.

• LKF_HAWK
  • LKF_HAWK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 months 3 days ago #32261 by LKF_HAWK
This has not been a stellar year for HCBS thus far. Usually, the team has figured its identity out after an early conference wobble. This team, yes injuries, and lack of depth, statistical hot 3pt shooting for opps, plus brutal schedule are hitting this team hard. The guys seem mentally and physically spent, and HCBS knows it and is operating in triage mode. He too needs to own it, and he does, about the structural issues with his roster.

Still a ways to go, having a bye week May do wonders for the guys. B12T is likely lost and we’ll have to listen to “all the experts blow smoke up Houston’s backside”… but maybe the Hawks can find inspiration from the Chiefs. It’s just embarrassing that TTech can whoop Ku by 29 in BB, it’s happened twice. Kansas should not be fielding less talent than the TTU’s BU’s and other schools in the B12..and no NCAA issues to blame

More
3 months 3 days ago #32262 by AZhawk87
Not sure who the admin is here after all these years, but I can't login from any device except an old computer that I hardly use anymore. Ipad, new phone, new computer, etc. won't work. I enter username and password, then the system seems to process it, but it never logs me in and I'm back to username/password entry.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

More
3 months 2 days ago #32265 by NotOstertag
The worst part about the TTech game was that we were never really in it. Funny how all these teams "suddenly" discover how to drain 3s when KU comes to town. Obviously we're not defending the 3 at all.

We're pretty much done for the year. Yes, we'll make the tournament, but I could see us falling to a 4 or 5 seed.

So while I HOPE they can turn it around and salvage something out of this year, I also realize that hope is not a plan.

Finally, with the talk of Hunter coming back, I'm not sure I want him. Yes he's an all American and very talented kid, but I don't think he's the guy to build a team around. Unless/until he becomes a more physically dominant player, he's vulnerable. If he comes back, he needs to take a lesson on playing strong through contact from Kevin and KJ.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, boulderhawk

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 months 2 days ago #32268 by HawkErrant

AZhawk87 wrote: Not sure who the admin is here after all these years, but I can't login from any device except an old computer that I hardly use anymore. Ipad, new phone, new computer, etc. won't work. I enter username and password, then the system seems to process it, but it never logs me in and I'm back to username/password entry.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Dave Sieverling is still the only administrator for the site. konza63 and I only have moderator privileges.

My best suggestion before trying to contact Dave - be sure you are trying to log in from the Forum pages. As far as I can tell trying to log in from any other area of www.rockchalk.com doesn’t work.

If that doesn’t work for you, please write Dave at
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Good luck!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk