Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

This team

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 months 6 days ago #32256 by HawkErrant
Watching tonight’s game and once again our guys cannot defend the arc. TT has taken nothing but wide open 3s, and hitting 7 of 11.

I’m just shaking my head (after yelling time & time again “guard the arc!!!” to no avail) and wondering how much of this poor effort i can endure watching.

And I have never felt this way about any Bill Self KU squad.

And it doesn’t help that NOBODY is hitting for us, but especially Hunter.

>sigh<

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 months 6 days ago #32257 by HawkErrant
Where is the defensive intensity they showed against Baylor on Saturday?

AWOL

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
3 months 6 days ago #32258 by LKF_HAWK
This team just embarrassed themselves tonight. Nothing, no pride, no fight, wow! Didn’t expect a total butt kicking, but man the players need to own this. HCBS missed big time on this team.

More
3 months 6 days ago #32263 by AZhawk87
First post of the year for me !

I think the starters are exhausted physically, and mentally with the burden of having to do it all with no help from the bench.

I really hope this is the final insult from 5 years of being investigated and getting less talent than we're used to. Otherwise there's little explanation for losing five players in the portal (few of which are producing at their new schools) and having zero bench production.

A Chiefs superbowl will tide me over until March, when I hope we're focused and ready to win six games. Until then, I'm not losing sleep over this year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk, Bayhawk, hoshi

More
3 months 5 days ago - 3 months 5 days ago #32264 by Governors
At least UNC is losing also.

But it is Interesting to read their boards and watch the feedback. Comments seem very familiar.

northcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/...ry-2024.95994/page-6

Honestly how the f do we show up and just assume if we take the court it’s an automatic win. No idea what to do if they run a zone. No idea how / when to press them -instead just let them slow the game down and get any shot they want all game long

Whole lotta trash. Wonder if we will hear the same BS lip service after the game like the last two times we did not show up, or if someone will actually have a thought on what to do about it

This win then lose trend sucks

Syracuse was the better team by far, tonight...

HD better get this group back on-track before it gets out of hand

Made another team’s season and starting to see ours go right down the drain

Fans everywhere suffering when their team loses or experiences some challenges.

We are not alone.
Last Edit: 3 months 5 days ago by Governors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, boulderhawk

More
3 months 5 days ago - 3 months 5 days ago #32266 by Illhawk
Seemed to happen periodicly with HCRW. The championship in 2022 will hold me over until football. This team simple hasn't any depth.
Last Edit: 3 months 5 days ago by Illhawk.

More
3 months 5 days ago - 3 months 5 days ago #32267 by hoshi
People forget
1. Zack is redshirting by his choice.
2. We lost Morris (thank goodness, yes an error in judgement on our part), and Marcus Adams who came, saw and said good bye, quickly, transferred to Gonzaga and then BYU (thank goodness, yes a partial error on our part).
3. And we gave up two scholarship spots as part of our NCAA probe. We have one more to give up next year to complete our obligation. Since Morris enrolled before being kicked off the team, he counts towards or scholarships this year.
So, why is everyone surprised now by what is happening?
Support the kids, coaches and F..k you NCAA.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
Last Edit: 3 months 5 days ago by hoshi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk, Bayhawk