Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

KJ's attitude

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #32171 by porthawk
Mr. Adams's positive intensity has just been so inspiring to see. I'm thinking of his 3 hard claps after great plays - whether it be a score or a great defensive play, or just that of encouragement -- it just makes me smile every time I see it.

Thought it was worth pointing out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, hairyhawk, Bayhawk, boulderhawk, hoshi, replayloungehawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• replayloungehawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #32172 by replayloungehawk
Couldn't agree more. He makes my wife and I happy. Never met him but we love him. Just fun to watch. And especially when we consider what he went through this year. Really puts life into perspective! Thanks for this post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, boulderhawk, porthawk

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #32179 by NotOstertag
I'm certainliy biased, but I do believe that the KU fan base tends to be more savvy about the game than other fan bases. As a result, it's no surprise that KJ has become a fan favorite. He's not a "superstar" and certainly doesn't behave like one. Instead, he's a worker. He plays defense. He sets picks. He rebounds. Oh yeah, he also regularly throws down sportscenter highlight athletic plays on a regular basis. But he just seems to do everything right...including with his attitude and drive which are absolutely contageous.

Just seems like one of those guys that no matter what he ends up doing in life, if he brings along his attitude and work ethic, he'll be successful. We're lucky to have him.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, boulderhawk, replayloungehawk

More
3 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #32185 by Illhawk
He and Harris are my favorites; incidentally they were on the court for the National final in 2022.
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Illhawk. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, boulderhawk

More
3 months 1 week ago #32188 by USAF Jayhawk

NotOstertag wrote: I'm certainliy biased, but I do believe that the KU fan base tends to be more savvy about the game than other fan bases.

I used to think that, but the "Overrated" chant at the end of the Houston game shook me to the core. Why would fans disrespect the home team by belittling the achievements of the other team? Besides, we have to go to their place later...
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, boulderhawk

More
3 months 1 week ago #32190 by NotOstertag
Didn't hear the overrated chant, but I concur. Act like ya been there before fellas. Nobody should be surprised that we can beat a top 10 team in Lawrence. It's far more insulting to behave like they never had a chance. Ditto on not giving them bulletin board material for the game in their barn.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, boulderhawk

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 months 1 week ago #32198 by HawkErrant

USAF Jayhawk wrote:

NotOstertag wrote: I'm certainliy biased, but I do believe that the KU fan base tends to be more savvy about the game than other fan bases.

I used to think that, but the "Overrated" chant at the end of the Houston game shook me to the core. Why would fans disrespect the home team by belittling the achievements of the other team? Besides, we have to go to their place later...

Bloody HATE the "overrated" chant for all the reasons you mention.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk

More
3 months 1 week ago #32199 by LKF_HAWK
This team is overrated! Can’t do anything on the road!

More
3 months 1 week ago #32218 by Kong
I like KJ. I like the energy and athleticism he brings to the game. I like his physicality. Specially since he has adjusted to a softer shot in contact so ti doesn't break the back board like it did last year from time to time.

The only thing about his enthusiasm is that often he is still flexing when the other team has inbounded the ball and are heading the other way. It was particularly noticeable at the beginning of the year. I think someone made a comment to him as he tends to celebrate after getting back on D now.

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, boulderhawk