Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Vols rally from 21 down, beat UK 84-77

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago #3128 by HawkErrant
espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=400830428

Barnes gets a big home win over squid.
BL: despite Tyler Ulis, UK is just not that good this year,

And this is the same UK team that took our guys to OT in AFH, losing primarily because of a career night by Selden.

Major euphoria dampener, if anyone was in fact feeling that our guys turned a corner on Saturday.

IMO if KSU does not have it's starting PG on Wednesday, anything less than a blowout in AFH will not bode well for our team.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 2 months ago #3133 by JRhawk
Beating UK in AFH didn't seem like much of a corner turner to me. Hopefully KU's letdown (if any) will be a lot less than UK's was tonight. SC also lost tonight.

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #3136 by konza63

Beating UK in AFH didn't seem like much of a corner turner to me.

It certainly doesn't seem that way after tonight.

That said, perhaps KU at AFH was their biggest game of the year (so far) and they spent all their energy and mojo. We definitely took a good shot of theirs, so it wasn't like we merely beat UC Irvine or TCU at home.

We'll know everything we need to know over the next 4 games.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by konza63.

More
8 years 2 months ago #3141 by mpeterson44
And now the K-State game is a must win just to keep pace with second place in the Big12. Looks like the regular season championship is going thru Norman rather than Lawrence this year. On another thought with Kentucky loosing twice and Duke once this week they will probably both be out of the top 25 next week. I wonder when the last time that has happened. Anyone know?

More
8 years 2 months ago #3149 by JRhawk
AP Poll Postseason, Week 1, dated March 12, 2007. Duke dropped out of top 25 and UK was no where to be seen. UK had received 3 votes the week before - tied for 43rd.

More
8 years 2 months ago #3153 by NotOstertag
Exactly. Game was huge for UK and losing it likely dropped them into a funk.

Oddly enough, the "NotO Jr's" were at play rehearsal last night so I took Mrs. NotO out to dinner and they had the game on behind the bar. When I last looked, it looked like UK had things in hand. I actually told a guy this morning that UK won. OOPs.

The next 4 games comment is spot on. UK was either the "reset button" that will spark the guys, or some "fool's gold" because we beat an overrated UK team in our own gym. Time will tell. I do think that if anything, it was a shot in the arm for Mr. Sedlen.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot