Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Azubuike (#3 Center Recruit) Coming to Kansas

• DrJHawker
  • DrJHawker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #3087 by DrJHawker
bleacherreport.com/articles/2501873-udok...-jayhawks-basketball

ESPN has him #22 in the class. Apparently Roy and UNC came in second. Anyone have additional information or thoughts?

Video -
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by DrJHawker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 2 months ago #3088 by NotOstertag
Clearly the lack of Danny Manning returning to his job as an assistant coach (yeah, right), and Diallo's and Mickleson's time on the bench, coupled with Bill Self's and his staff's total lack of competence in developing big men (just echoing some of the sentiments I've heard bandied about here of late) didn't dissuade him from signing.

He must really like The Wheel.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• Sieverling
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • c'86. Call me Dave
More
8 years 2 months ago #3089 by Sieverling
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJHawker

More
8 years 2 months ago #3090 by JRhawk
I know they say a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, but signing the #3 center resulted in the #1 center recruit (Marques Bolden) dropping KU from his list (per LJW today).

More
8 years 2 months ago #3095 by NotOstertag
#1 vs. #3? Pretty close to a toss up on a relatively subjective rankings and the fact that neither has suited up for a college game yet. Alexander was also the #3 guy wasn't he?

Bottom line, nobody's going to get the #1 AND #3 centers since both will probably be OADs. The fact that we got one and there are probably 7 or 8 schools trying to get them tells me that 5 or 6 schools in the running won't get either of them.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago #3096 by HawkErrant
When talking 5 stars at the same position, I gladly welcome to The Aerie whichever one chooses to commit first.

Of course, I would also take them both if the other guy really believed in himself enough to commit to KU after the first guy did. Can never have too many 5 star bigs. Too bad it's not going to happen.

"If you don't let your love show for me, c'est la vie." - Greg Palmer

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"