Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Moving Forward

• minerscoach
  • minerscoach's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #3029 by minerscoach
Really loved that Coach Self pulled out the Triangle and 2 vs. Kentucky. This has been a change-up that Coach Self has used in the past and it was a major factor in the win on Saturday. This defense is not something a team can rely on for a sustained period of time, but can see it being very effective in stopping runs being made by the other teams. I would not be surprised to see it being an effective weapon against West Virginia the next time we see them. I have not understood some of Coach Self's decisions this year, but we all know that he is one of the best coaches in the country and his methods have led to success that is very hard to argue with.

Also, if Mr. Seldon can bring that same energy and aggressiveness from here on out, the Hawks will be difficult to beat. This team has many flaws, but energy and "want to" can cover up for many mistakes. I have thought he could step up and be a leader all year and maybe, just maybe, he has gotten his second wind and will take off the rest of the way.

I love this team and think they can be something special. It is going to be a wild ride and I can't wait to watch it play out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sieverling, konza63, HawkErrant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.