Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Lawrence area RCBers

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #31583 by HawkErrant
I was talking with hoshi and we were wondering if there was interest in any area RCBers meeting on a regular basis (weekly, every other week, monthly…) at a local establishment for coffee, etc. to talk men’s hoops and any and all things KU.

Anyone interested?

You can contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
if you prefer.

Rock Chalk!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #31584 by Wheatstate Gal
I’m in!

Wheaty (Sandy)
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
6 months 1 week ago #31590 by Bayhawk
I'm jealous!! :(

But the Bayhawk "man cave" is always open to RCBers,

--RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, boulderhawk

More
6 months 1 week ago #31593 by NotOstertag
If you do this, which I hope you do, I have an out-of-towner request:

Start a permanent thread with listing of the upcoming meeting times/locations and/or any changes to the schedule (cancellations, etc.). I get back to the area a few times a year as I'm sure several of the rest us remote folks do, and if a meeting coincided with one of my visits, I'd be really excited to drop in periodically.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, jaythawk1

More
6 months 1 week ago #31594 by hoshi
I would suggest that you also communicate with me or HE when you will be in LFK and we could arrange a get together. Did that a number of years ago. It was a lot of fun.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: jaythawk1

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 months 1 week ago #31596 by konza63
Great suggestion, NotO! When I first saw the post, I felt like Bayhawk - jealous - because of the camaraderie AND getting to meet up with folks in one of the greatest places on Earth: LFK.

I don't get back nearly as much now that my dear Mom in KC has passed away, but I'd love to join the gang if and when it happens. (Hoping to make it a little more routine - and catch both basketball and football games - if and when I retire, lol)

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jaythawk1

• HawkErrant
More
6 months 1 week ago #31622 by HawkErrant
Wheaty and hoshi, I'll be emailing (or text if you prefer) to discuss arrangements.
Looks like just us for now.

Per request, once we get things hashed out I'll pin a thread with whatever we come up with fyi.

And for out-of-towners, as hoshi noted, contact us when you know you are going to be in Lawrence and we can set up something!

Rock Chalk!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
6 months 1 week ago #31626 by USAF Jayhawk
I'll be in Lawrence for the KSU football on Saturday then the KC game Monday night. Looking for a place to watch the Kentucky game Tuesday night if any in the group is interested.

• HawkErrant
More
6 months 6 days ago #31631 by HawkErrant
USAF Jayhawk —

Plans in the works for the UK game on Tuesday.

Email me for details.

Looking forward to it!

More
6 months 6 days ago #31634 by USAF Jayhawk
I misread my calendar...UK is this Tuesday, I'm in Lawrence next week (Maui Classic). Monday night I'm in Arrowhead. Wed I have family plans. Tuesday is possibly open...

• HawkErrant
More
6 months 5 days ago - 6 months 5 days ago #31636 by HawkErrant
No worries re: tomorrow. Will get back with you re: Tuesday next week and KU game 2 of Maui Invitational IF your Tuesday next is open.

Please advise ASAP.

Last Edit: 6 months 5 days ago by HawkErrant.

• HawkErrant
More
6 months 5 days ago #31637 by HawkErrant
Got a potential 4th for recurring meetings by email today. I will be trying to coordinate a schedule this week with the 4 of us via text.

Again, if you are interested, whether a registered RCBer or a reader who hasn’t been able to get on the board in recent years :unsure: but still reads the board, email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I’ll pin a schedule post once set up.

More
6 months 5 days ago #31639 by USAF Jayhawk

HawkErrant wrote: No worries re: tomorrow. Will get back with you re: Tuesday next week and KU game 2 of Maui Invitational IF your Tuesday next is open.

Please advise ASAP.

Tuesday (Maui night 2) is strong. Pencil me in. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

• HawkErrant
More
6 months 5 days ago #31640 by HawkErrant
Email me your cell so I can keep you in the loop by text re: plans!

B)

More
6 months 5 days ago #31642 by USAF Jayhawk

HawkErrant wrote: Email me your cell so I can keep you in the loop by text re: plans!

B)

Done