Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Zach is back on campus and “hopefully practicing today…”

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
10 months 6 days ago #31223 by HawkErrant
JayhawkSlant on YouTube: June 20,2023 Bill Self talks about the return of Zach Clemence; also Grady & NFL draft

Welcome back, young fella!

Work hard, get stronger, add weight, improve that shooting and defense, and learn to play aggressively (Dickinson can show you how) in your redshirt season. Jayhawk fans are rooting for your success!

ROCK CHALK!

P.S. — NBA.COM: 2023 Draft is Thursday June 22.
GOOD LUCK, GRADY!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: sasnak, boulderhawk, porthawk, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
10 months 5 days ago #31227 by NotOstertag
Sounds like he thinks he jumped the gun. After Dickinson signed and our other bigs left, there was a hole that could be re-filled.

Also sounds like HCBS has a good plan for Zach. Let him redshirt for a year, get bigger and stronger, and work on his game. Then, presumably, when Dickinson goes pro next year, Zach will be able to slide into that spot without burning a year of eligibility.

Good solution all around. Now Zach just needs to do the work. While I liked that he was a big who could also drop shots from outside, it was pretty clear that he wasn't physically able to do much down low.

Get in the weight room Zach and start banging bodies with Dickinson in practice!

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, boulderhawk, jaythawk1

More
10 months 3 days ago - 10 months 3 days ago #31233 by hoshi
I was thinking about kids like Zach, and so many others including others on our current roster. Zach is probably not going to make a living as an NBA player and probably not playing overseas but that is still a possibility. One never knows. But, he can get a great education, both a BA or BS, and with a little hard work in a Masters in 5 years. Think of people like Lightfoot. I wonder whether he has come to that realization? By redshirting here at KU, and knowing the system and the great support here at KU for student athletes, he will finish with a great degree/s.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
Last Edit: 10 months 3 days ago by hoshi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, boulderhawk