Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Has anyone seen anything on the recruit visits yesterday?

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 2 months ago #2916 by konza63
Josh Jackson and some others were in the house. I'd love to know how those visits went, but haven't seen anything on the web myself. Please post if you do.

One thing's for certain--they got a good taste of AFH magic! :woohoo:

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago #2943 by HawkErrant
Rivals reporting that Trae Young (2017 Rivals #26), Mitch Ballock (2017 Rivals #37), Bol Bol (2018) and Jeremiah Robinson (2019) were attending. KU 2016 commit Mitch Lightfoot was also there. 2018 recruit Chris Smith was there and reportedly personally offered by Self.

No word on Josh Jackson (Rivals 2016 #1) being there.

Michael Porter (2017 Rivals #3) reportedly had planned to attend, but did not make the trip

One solid Rivals poster reports that Robinson is Lester Earl's son, and that his grands are big time KU boosters.

Haven't seen any post-game commentary so far re: recruits impressions.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 2 months ago #2944 by konza63
Thanks, HE.

I'm beginning to think that the report I saw earlier about Jackson coming to the KU-UK game was incorrect. He was at the UT game last weekend, and I think that source must've gotten the two games confused. Regardless, he saw a KU win in AFH, which is always good. He was also very glowing about the atmosphere... Most experts still believe he'll go to Zona or Mich State (he's from Detroit), but he likes KU as well, so we're in the mix.

Rock Chalk...

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 2 months ago #2965 by HawkErrant
Video interview with Jackson, positive words on his KU visit (last week?).

www.scout.com/high-school/california/sto...s-official-top-three

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"