Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Armchair Coaches

• replayloungehawk
  • replayloungehawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 3 weeks ago #30881 by replayloungehawk
I was reading the comments on the KUSports article about Rice transferring. It's so hilarious to me that there are so many people out there posting comments as if they actually know as much or more than Self does. How to build a coaching staff, how to decide playing time, what type of promises he made during recruiting. It's ludicrous. I always laugh when people who don't do a job, or if they do, nowhere near the level Self has, know exactly what Self is doing wrong, what he should change, how he could get better blah blah blah.

I'm glad there are a lot of savvy people on this board that don't throw junk out. Kuddos to you all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, newtonhawk, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #30885 by newtonhawk
Thanks, replay. I read most of the comments as well and thought the same thing. To them, not only is the sky falling but Self and company need to be rebuked and then overthrown. It crazy!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jaythawk1

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #30887 by NotOstertag
If Self hasn't won your trust by now, there's no helping you. Take a peek at Kentucky and their results and you tell me if the grass is greener.

That's the thing: what has been Self's our absolute WORST year under him was 21-9, 2nd in the conference and we have yet to miss an NCAA tournament under him (except when they cancelled it for COVID).

Under Calipari, UK got dumped out of the NIT in the 1st round in 2013, went 9-16 in 2020-21, finished 4th in the conference in 2018 and 3rd this year.

UNC just had the worst collapse in the history of NCAA basketball this year.

Even Duke missed the tourney in 2021.

We are SO spoiled. I do think the combination of NIL and easing of transfer rules has changed things in a huge way and will make it more difficult to be consistently good, but over time, I think even this will eventually benefit KU as a top-notch brand. I'm not worried.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, boulderhawk, porthawk, newtonhawk, jaythawk1