Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Life Perspective - LKF family death

• LKF_HAWK
  • LKF_HAWK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 1 month ago #30759 by LKF_HAWK
All,

I want to share with my friends on this board, that my family and I lost our patriarch today, my father passed away unexpectedly. He lived a full 85+ years, and was my beacon in life. He even told me today it’s just a game and then he was gone. I am utterly in shock to have lose my dad! Thank you all for the community that you give me! I can use all of your love and prayers.

Niraj (aka LKF)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
1 year 1 month ago #30760 by CorpusJayhawk
LKF, so sorry to hear about your father. It is always very emotional to lose one of the close family members. I know you are thankful you had him until 85. You now have many wonderful memories to cherish. He will always be with you.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LKF_HAWK

More
1 year 1 month ago #30762 by murphyslaw
LKF_HAWK,

It is wonderful that your father was in your world for over 85 years, but no matter how long you had him, the pain of the loss goes just as deep. Bless you in your time of grief.

More
1 year 1 month ago #30764 by JRhawk
Very sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #30766 by hoshi
Puts things into perspective doesn’t it. When one looses a parent one is close it, you realize your own mortality and that you must then lead the next generation. Sorry for your lose LKF.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by hoshi.

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
1 year 1 month ago #30767 by konza63
Oh man, I'm so sorry for your loss, Niraj.

I lost my bedrock, my Mom, at 84 two years ago - and my beloved Pop too young (age 66) from mesothelioma back in '97. It's so tough, and mere words can't ease the pain and loss. I'm glad that he lived a full life and you have the treasure trove of memories and his lasting impacts to provide comfort, solace, and healing with time.

Peace be with you and yours.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

More
1 year 1 month ago #30768 by Bayhawk
Feelin' for you brother,

--RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

• jaythawk1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • RCJH! e'77, b'77
More
1 year 1 month ago #30770 by jaythawk1
Very sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Education Is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence~Robert Frost

• replayloungehawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 1 month ago #30776 by replayloungehawk
Really sorry to hear this. Hope the best for you and your family.

More
1 year 1 month ago #30778 by hairyhawk
As others have already pointed out, losing a parent is tough. I am glad that they made 85 years. I hope things are not too difficult for you and your family now as you will adjust to the new reality. I wish you well.

• LKF_HAWK
  • LKF_HAWK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 1 month ago #30785 by LKF_HAWK
Thank you all for your well wishes, condolences, thoughts and prayers. It is tough no matter when you lose a parent, especially when he was my hero and role model.

He passed quickly and suddenly and he did not suffer. He is now reunited with my mom, and his beloved wife after 16 years being a widow.

We will celebrate his life this week and take comfort that he had a “good innings” before his wicket was taken.

Thank you all.

Regards LKF_HAWK
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
1 year 1 month ago #30786 by HawkErrant
Ah, Niraj… I read your words and I am suddenly once again that stoic guy in the office of his boss, surrounded by wife and stout friend as he learns that half way around the world his father and all around good guy is gone, bad heart finally giving up the ghost at a mere 63. Mom soldiered on for another 23 years before leaving us at 86. I understand. I grieve for thee, my friend.

A “good innings”… such a treasure, indeed… blessings…

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"