Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Grady Dick

• AZhawk87
  • AZhawk87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 3 months ago #30141 by AZhawk87
I think Grady will be the best NBA pro from Kansas since Paul Pierce.

His overall game is young and immature, but man can he play. He shows flashes of athleticism in all facets of the game - shooting, slashing, passing, rebounding. He seems to have a mental awareness of the game far beyond a 19 year old freshman.

He gets face guarded and targeted every game (which is why he should, and will, go pro after one year), but still manages to score and affect the game.

If this was 15 years ago and he stayed for 3-4 years, he’d be national player of the year and first team AA guaranteed.

I think he’s a more athletic Clay Thompson, and will play for 10+ years and be very, very good - and very very rich !
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, Bayhawk, porthawk, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
1 year 3 months ago #30142 by LKF_HAWK
His shot was off yesterday, still got 16pts. Hope he hasn’t hit a wall, his legs seem to let him down last night. Such a bummer that JWill’s game was wasted.

More
1 year 3 months ago #30172 by newtonhawk
Personally, I will be surprised if Grady plays less than 3 years. If you recall the vide of him reading the note left by Ochai in his room of being "great," I believe he will stay to seek that status. That really seemed to hit him deeply. There's more to that young man than $$$.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk

More
1 year 3 months ago #30175 by hoshi
I had heard that his parents want him to stay a second year, at least, to get stronger. Can’t recall where I saw that. The only issue might be the chance of serious injury.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein

• AZhawk87
  • AZhawk87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 3 months ago #30176 by AZhawk87
And I keep forgetting about NIL money. He could still be a millionaire staying in college another year.

I suspect it will be how high in the lottery he would be picked, and what the guaranteed money is there. In the NBA, it’s all about getting done with your rookie contract and getting into the free agent money.