Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Is Zach Emerging?

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 3 months ago #30085 by CorpusJayhawk
Zach had his best minutes as a Jayhawk last night. He had a couple completely terrible defensive possessions, but I truly chalk that up to needing more reps. With more reps I think his defense will radically improve. Zach is not Raef LaFrentz but he is Raef-esque. He can stretch the defense and he can also protect the rim a little. I think Zach and KJ going against each other in practice is the ideal situation for both, especially Zach. I was very excited to see how Zach performed last night. And I don’t just mean the 2 threes although that was exciting as well to see him find his stroke. He was rugged and trying to find his beast mode. Thanks KJ for that to some degree. I have thought all along that Zach is the logical optimal choice to emerge on the team to back up KJ. If Zach can find beast mode, with his stoke and his height and his quickness, he can be an important cog in this team. I give him credit for great mental fortitude to still have his head in the game after what has to be a disappointing career thus far. I credit him and also Self and co. They are obviously finding a way to keep these guys engaged and vying for minutes. It would seem we have OU starting 5 set. But last nights game showed how important it is to have a bench who can come in in situational times and bring the leather.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.