Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Great article in the LJW about HCBS willingness to adjustt

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #30060 by porthawk
Hat tip to Corpus for referencing this article. It's a great read and really speaks to, well, HCBS's willingness to adjust. :)
It doesn't give an exact time frame, but you can infer it's referring to the past 5-6 years. It first mentions when he first "allowed" his teams to shoot threes at a higher rate (think Devonte, Frank, Svi) and talks about this year and not having his usual, at least, one traditional big in the starting line up. HCBS says that likes having that one tall SG/SF (think Svi, Christian, Grady), but has fewer restrictions on himself when recruiting players. And the other big point is about Self adjusting to his personnel's style rather than vice versa; which is how he's done during the majority of his career (and that's not necessarily a bad thing).
I could continue summing up, but it's not too long of a read so I say just go read it :)

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, it makes me want to think about my teaching style and what I can look to tweak moving forward, year-to-year, based on the students I have in front of me. I mean, I guess I already do that to some extent, but maybe it's something to think about doing more deeply. But I'll take those thoughts off-line now :)

KJ Adams’ success at the 5 for KU the latest sign of HCBS’s willingness to adjust
www2.kusports.com/news/2023/jan/09/kj-ad...st-sign-bill-selfs-w
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by porthawk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, hairyhawk, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.