Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

How much I love KU Basketball...

• replayloungehawk
  • replayloungehawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #2803 by replayloungehawk
I know on this board we have some die hard KU basketball fans. We love this school, this coach, the teams, Allen Fieldhouse, the town of Lawrence, the tradition...so many things. I'm right there with everyone. My wife attended, our niece and two nephews, my mother in law, our uncle (He played for Phog Allen), my wife's grandfather. I kind of put myself in as an alumni because I'm paying back my wife's student loan. That counts right. Heck I have two sons with middle names of Collison and Ellis.

All that said, this season, the events that have happened over the last few weeks, I have just lost some fire for watching this team. I don't know what it is. I'm not even that pumped about the Kentucky game tonight. Just a few weeks ago I was. The OU game was amazing and since then it's been a horrible thing to watch them play. I don't know what's going on. All of us can speculate. Only Self and the team know what is the real root cause and fix for the issues we all see are.

I'm going to hang in there. I want everyone else to do so as well. We love so much more about KU basketball than one bad stretch of games. I hope they turn it around and find the chemistry and make this season into what I thought it might have had a chance to be. Think about it. We are still 16-4, probably will still be in the top 10, and are in second place in the toughest conference in the nation. Many teams and fans would KILL to be where we are. Let's all just hang in there, I'm talking to myself haha. I'm sure it will be OK!

Rock Chalk for LIFE!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sasnak, Wheatstate Gal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.