Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Remaining Nonconference schedule AY2022-23

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
1 year 3 months ago #29939 by HawkErrant
Harvard is up next this Thursday at 6 PM CT on ESPN2.

It promises to be a cohhhhhhhhld winter's night at tipoff, with a currently projected temp of -7F (wind chill -45F!!!) welcoming stalwart fans to The Phog. I would not blame anyone who opts to stay home instead of using their tickets under such circumstances, and I will praise those that brave the elements to support the Crimson & Blue!

Regardless of turnout, the game should be a KANSAS win. Stuff happens, but this Thursday I would not bet against the JAYHAWKS in The Phog. No matter how cold it is outside, the 'Hawks are capable of turning up the afterburners to make it hot for the opposition.

After Harvard it's all conference games until the final noncon game on the schedule -- at Kentucky in the BIG XII/SEC CHALLENGE on ESPN on Sat Jan 28 7:00 PM CT.

That game is still over a month and 9 games away, but as of today I really like our chances,
even with the game being in "#2 KU Graduate HOF Coach" Arena.

Our guys are really trending well according to CorpusJayhawk's DPPI data and asteroid's trend and mental toughness stats. I have no idea at present how UK looks in comparison, but it clearly is not as well as KU.

Again, it's a month and 9 games away, and much can change, but KU sure seems to be getting it's act together.

And frankly, Kentucky is not as dangerous as in past seasons. OscarTshiebwe is excellent, but he is not Anthony "Unibrow" Davis. There is no John Wall or Rajon Rondo on this team. They have beaten all the notably lesser teams on their schedule so far this year, but are 1-3 against "name" programs, one of those three being the loss at Gonzaga, the only true road game to date.

KENTUCKY WILDCATS (7-3) to date
L Michigan St 86-77 (Champions Classic, Indianapolis, just 190 miles from Lexington; MSU currently 7-4)
L @Gonzaga 88-72 (GU 9-3 to date)
L UCLA 63-53 (CBS Sports Classic in Madison Square Garden; UCLA 10-2 to date; )
W Michigan 73-69 (The Basketball Hall of Fame London Showcase; Michigan 7-3 to date)

Rest of the schedule to date, all cupcakes, all Ws:
Howard 95-63
Duquesne 77-52
SC State 106-63
North Florida 96-56
Bellarmine 60-41
Yale 69-59

On a most interesting note, according to a poster on Rupp Rafters UK is 4-13 in their last 17 games versus ranked teams!

And UK fans are not happy.
SOoo much so their radio guys are tweeting about it.

Twitter link

Squid being served up hot soon?
Hmmm...

Any way, enough looking way down the road, our guys have more immediate opponents with which to deal.

The "Fight Fiercely, Harvard!" Crimson against the "Rock Chalk! Jayhawk!" Crimson & Blue.

LET'S GO JAYHAWKS!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk, Bayhawk, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.