Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

My apologies

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #2710 by murphyslaw
for a rose colored glasses, head in the clouds attitude about this team and Coach Self.

Refusing to play Hunter, without explanation, when he had been so valuable, is mind-boggling. It reminds me how Conner Frankamp was played sparingly until NCAA tournament time, when he proved his skills as a sharpshooter and kept us in a game when no one else could.

I guess coaches have a mindset about certain players that rarely changes, or if it does, it's too late.

Remember John Crider, who was virtually ignored by Williams and who played only when we were 30+ points ahead? RW made snide comments about how he jacked up 3 pointers, as if to belittle his attempts to make the same shots he made in high school. John finally transferred to Washburn, and I don't think Roy cared one way or another.

I'm beginning to lose faith in our coach, and the feeling isn't at all comfortable.

Winning the Big 12 hasn't been that important to me, and I've never understood why it has been so coveted by HCBS. Our
disappointing exits, early, mid, or late, from the NCAA tourneys stand out more that the winning of the conference, to me, anyway.

As to the team, what can one say without a clue of what happens in practice, in the locker room, in the dorm, etc.? Their Jekyll and Hyde style of play of late defies reason. I still believe, based on how they've played at Allen Fieldhouse, that they've shown many flashes of greatness, of cohesiveness, of energy, of commitment, and of dedication. But, to quote a line from a movie whose title I can't remember: "What the h*** happened????"

So please forgive my stubborn outlook, even as things began to noticeably unravel. Last night was, to put it mildly, a rude awakening.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.