Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

KenPom’s Top Defenses over the past 10 years

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #29397 by HawkErrant
KANSAS rated #2 for the period, second only to UVA.

@UVAMensHoops
@KUHoops
@LouisvilleMBB
@ZagMBB
@GatorsMBK
@BadgerMBB
@GoBearcatsMBB
@KentuckyMBB
@VCU_Hoops
@MSU_Basketball
@ArizonaMBB
@NovaMBB
@GoShockersMBB

Imgur deleted the image (I'm assuming for copyright issues, which makes little sense since I include the tweet text that contains the image as well as a link to the tweet, but oh, well), so I copied the text listing from the tweet. - HE

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk, Bayhawk, wchawk, boulderhawk, porthawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
More
1 year 10 months ago #29398 by HawkErrant
I added the graphic to the original post (wasn't able to include it from my iPhone -- hmm...)

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• HawkErrant
More
1 year 10 months ago #29400 by HawkErrant

The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk

More
1 year 9 months ago #29402 by CorpusJayhawk
I will add my 3 cents worth. Here is the DPPI top 35 teams over the last 10 seasons composite. Kansas is the highest rated overall, 2nd rated offense and 3rd rated defense. I have 8 of the same top 13 defensive teams as KenPom. I have Baylor 4th, Duke 7th, Michigan 5th, Texas 13th and Ohio St. 12th. He has Cincy 7th, I have them 20th, he has Gonzaga 4th, I have them 16th and he has VCU 9th, I have them 63rd, he has Arizona 11th, I have them 14th and he has Wichita St. 13th, I have them 36th. My DPPI adjusts offense and defense for SOS. I'm not sure if KenPom does. I would assume he does.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, hairyhawk, Bayhawk, porthawk, USAF Jayhawk

More
1 year 9 months ago #29404 by CorpusJayhawk
Might as well do a composite for the entire tenure of Bill Self. Boy oh boy how lucky we are to be Kansas Fans. The Duke's. Kentucky's. UNC's, etc have all had great seasons, but no one, repeat no one has been as consistently excellent as Kansas since Bill Self came on board. KU ranks No. 1 on average rating since 2004 over the last 19 years. We have the 3rd best composite offense and the 2nd best composite defense.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, hairyhawk, porthawk, USAF Jayhawk