Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

NBA Championships - either way it goes a Jayhawk will end up with a ring!

• bklynhawk
  • bklynhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 10 months ago #29390 by bklynhawk
Not sure if you have been watching the NBA Championship, but just wanted to point out that either outcome results in a Jayhawk with an NBA Championship ring.

Some (most?) of you know that Andrew Wiggins is playing for the Golden State Warriors www.nba.com/warriors/roster
He's having a good post season and putting up some good stats.

However, did you also know that Aaron Miles is an assistant on the Celtics coaching staff. He previously was on the Golden State staff, but moved to the Boston staff last summer. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Miles_(basketball)

Something to make the finals a little more interesting for Jayhawk fans...
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, porthawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
1 year 10 months ago #29391 by porthawk
Yup, bklynhawk, I totally agree with you about Wiggins. He has certainly stepped up his game in the postseason!

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #29392 by porthawk
If you're up now and reading, I recommend turning on the NBA Finals (ABC). There are about 10 minutes left in thefourth quarter with the Warriors up by five over the Celtics. Both teams are a lot of fun to watch overall, but it's extra enjoyable b/c Mr. Wiggins has 18 points and 10 boards (14 boards in the last game for him) and is playing terrific defense on Celtics star, Jayson Tatum. Oh and our old KU nemesis, the back-flipping, OSU Cowboy Marcus Smart is one of the top players for the Celtics and was defensive player of the year in the NBA this year.
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by porthawk.

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #29393 by porthawk
....to lead the Warriors to a game 5 victory and a 3-2 lead in the NBA Finals.

And he was so smooth and fluid on offensive -- gliding to the basket for scoop layups and dunks.

I'm looking forward to Game 6 on Thursday. I'm just trying to enjoy the basketball while I can b/c once the Finals end, that's it for 'til our Jayhawks kick off the '22-'23 season in November.
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by porthawk.

More
1 year 10 months ago #29394 by hairyhawk
I am hoping the GSW can win this as Wiggins has been great. I will say that I also enjoy watching the WNBA so my enjoyment of hoops does not end with the finals.