Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Top 10 viewership basketball games to date for 2022

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #29388 by HawkErrant
… and note that it is “basketball”, not “college basketball”.

With its use of hashtags the graphic designer emphasized #CBB, #NBA and in particular #UNC and its top 3 games.

And that’s all well and good, the tarred ones were obviously a “draw”, but it was also the games and the opponents they were playing in those games that piqued viewer interest —

East Regional Final v darling #15 St Peter’s
Final Four v nemesis Duke in K’s last game
NC game against KANSAS, the birthplace of Carolina (and Kentucky) basketball.

Great to see the NC game at the top of the heap, and to see the KU v Villanova Final Four game checking in at #7.

But to me the way cool info was the Saint Peter’s Peacocks making the list twice, with their Sweet 16 win over Purdue also on the list at #9.

I do note, however, that this graphic only lists games 1&2 of the NBA Finals (#4&5). The NBAF has already gone 4 games and looks like it might go 7, as Boston and Golden State are alternating winning and are currently tied 2-2.

Given the #s for the first two NBAF games, I believe the entire series will end up in the Top 10. If that happens and it does run for 7 games, then the current #6-10 will drop off the chart, leaving the 3 games with the tarred ones and their media magnet opponents as the only CBB games shown.

The only question then is which will end up as the most watched game — the NCAA Championship game or the deciding NBAF game?

I would love for it to be KU v the tarred ones.B)

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, boulderhawk, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.