Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Pettiford finally healthy again

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
1 year 10 months ago #29384 by HawkErrant
Great news for him and the team.

Looking forward to him being able to really show his stuff in his sophomore season. B)

KUSports.com - Tait: Kansas guard Bobby Pettiford pain free and feeling good entering sophomore summer

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
1 year 10 months ago #29385 by hoshi
I know he played in too many games last year but i wonder whether he can appear and get a medical RS year?

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein

More
1 year 10 months ago #29386 by hoshi
"whether he can appeal and get a medical RS year?"

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
1 year 10 months ago #29387 by HawkErrant
Reviewing the basics to qualify for a Division I Medical Hardship Waiver:

The athlete can’t have participated in more than 30% of the number of games or dates of competition in their sport AND the athlete also must not appear in a contest after the midpoint of the season.

Bobby played in 14 games (9 is max allowed), the last one on Feb 14, which was the 25th game — ~80% thru — the 31 game schedule.

Unless there are some crazy extenuating circumstances we don’t know of on which he can rely, I’d say it’s essentially a lost season.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"