Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Shay Wildeboor reports: 10:08 AM June 6 2022

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #29365 by HawkErrant
Arrived in Lawrence this weekend : Gradey Dick, Ernest Udeh, Jr., and Wilder Evers ("EE-vers")

Kevin McCullar is set to arrive early this week.
Expect M.J. Rice (just graduated from Prolific Prep) and Zuby Ejiofor to arrive later this week.

Jersey #s have been assigned, he's waiting to hear on "who's who" for next season.

Coach Self has his annual basketball camp this week and next.
"With Coach Self's camp and Coach Ballard's camp going on this week, along with the Roundball Classic, there should be quite a bit of news this week."

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
More
1 year 10 months ago #29366 by HawkErrant
Gradey Dick: No. 4

M.J. Rice: No. 11

Wilder Evers: No. 12

Kevin McCullar: No. 15 (Dillon Wilhite will be #22 from now on)

Ernest Udeh, Jr.: No. 23

Zuby Ejiofor: No. 35

Plus a little extra...

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, boulderhawk, porthawk, newtonhawk

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #29368 by hoshi
Udeh sure looks like Dok and has many of the same positive attributes and faults (free throws). Saw a greeting between him and GD, from yesterday. GD is supposed to be 6'7". If correct, Udeh is about 7'. My guess is that GD is closer to 6'5" or at best 6'6". I am going to state it here, Udeh is going to be the biggest positive surprise from this class. His mother, and two siblings were so happy for her son, and their brother. It was fun to see.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by hoshi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
1 year 10 months ago #29369 by CorpusJayhawk
I hope you are right Hoshi. A great big man is always a key to team success, especially under self. Here is my rating op expectation vs. prediction. (from oldest to youngest)

Cam Martin -- Expectation LOW to MODERATE -- I think cam lives up to expectations overall with a few highlight games.
Kevin McCuller -- Expectations HIGH -- I predict K-Mac lives up to expectations.
Jalen Wilson -- Expectations HIGH+ -- I think J-Will lives up to expectations
Dajuan Harris -- Expectations MODERATE+ -- I think Dajuan will slightly exceed expectations
Joseph Yesusfu -- Expectations MODERATE -- I think Joseph will be the biggest upside surprise on the team
KJ Adams -- Expectations MODERATE+ -- I think KJ slightly exceeds expectations
Bobby Pettiford -- Expectations MODERATE -- I think Bobby will live up to expectations
Zach Clemence -- Expectation High- -- I am torn about Zach. I think he has the potential to be the biggest surprise or the biggest dissapointment.
Kyle Cuffe -- Expectations LOW -- Pretty much can only exceed expectations.
Gradey Dick -- Expectations HIGH -- By end of year will meet expectations but struggle
MJ Rice -- Expectations HIGH- -- Same as Dick
Ernest Udeh -- Expectations MODERATE+ -- I'll go with Hoshi and say he significantly exceeds expectations
Zuby Ejiofor -- Expectations LOW+ -- Pretty much can only exceed expectations.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, hairyhawk, newtonhawk

• HawkErrant
More
1 year 10 months ago #29372 by HawkErrant
Welcome, Jayhawk!

Now just waiting for Rice and Ejiofor…