Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

I'm confused

• sasnak
  • sasnak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #2187 by sasnak
:huh:
I didn't get to watch the game and could only partially hear it ( thanks a LOT Sprint). So Lucas started and played like he usually does and Hunter got ZERO minutes? Are we going to play all the bench players at Hilton or just let these 5-6 play? I am a logical person but I simply do not get the logic in this? We can't play like this and go to Hilton and expect to even stay close to them.

It'll feel better when it stops hurting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 2 months ago #2190 by Bayhawk
HCBS is prepping for March???

OK, I'm reaching here . . .

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 2 months ago #2191 by konza63
Glass half full:

Lucas nabbed 10 rebounds. 10 rebounds is always important.

He played decent D, including helping to hold Ibeh to 7 points.

He didn't make a ton of mistakes on O (i.e., knew where he was supposed to be, set screens, etc.).

Glass half empty:

Lucas didn't score a point. He tried to hit a bunny or two but failed (shocking!). He also took an ill-advised shot from the elbow that clanked out. But no points.

Zero minutes for either Mick or Diallo. Bragg only got 5.

We taxed our main guys only two days prior to having to go up and play run and gun with ISU at Hilton.

Lucas was in on the comeback, just as he was in on the 17-5 UT start.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #2195 by Wheatstate Gal
With due respect to all of the thoughtful posts on lineups and playing time.....

WHY IN THE SAM HILL does Brent "Mushburger" continue to have a live mic and get PAID to blather on and on with inane flapping and yapping?

Good Lord! Dukie V is a joke but I can ignore him. This blabbermouth, who has such a keen grasp of the obvious, is extremely annoying! I thought Billy PACCer was annoying. Thank goodness they finally retired him.

• sasnak
  • sasnak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #2196 by sasnak
it will make more sense AFTER ISU?

It'll feel better when it stops hurting

More
8 years 2 months ago #2198 by Bayhawk
kuathleticsleanplayer.com

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
8 years 2 months ago #2204 by Hawknmo
You are not confused or alone in your disbelief. It's unbelievable Hunter got no time today. There are lots of excuses that could be used to try and explain this away but thats all they are...excuses. As Ive said already said 10 boards for Lucas does nothing for me with the knowledge that 6 of them were offensive. Why? He isn't guarded on that end of the floor. Only a dufus would waste a defender on him and Shaka is no dufus. In fact besides the wizard of Waco I can't think of too many coaches in the Big 12 who are.

Simply stated I can't think of one situation that I would put Lucas in before any other big on the bench including Diallo. To me he is a huge liability that allows other teams to double team way too much. Wanna give Perry more room to operate? Wanna create a true lane for Frank or Graham? Put any other big in and you get both of those things. Play Lucas and you get a guy who will potentially get you some rebounds but no chance of points in the paint. Thats not even a choice to me.

RKCKJHK!!!

RKCKJHK!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JRhawk, sasnak