Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Ochai to return

• sasnak
  • sasnak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 years 9 months ago #27241 by sasnak

It'll feel better when it stops hurting
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, hairyhawk, Bayhawk, porthawk, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
2 years 9 months ago #27243 by AZhawk87
Great young man and I'm happy for him whichever way he decided.

But using Ochai as just one example of the options open to players like him, it's interesting to think about what he could accomplish in one more year of college that he couldn't accomplish at a much faster rate playing every day in the G League. All the intangibles were there - size, strength, speed, quickness, defensive skills, hand size and wingspan. He scored at or near the top of all guards in these areas. He even has maturity that players going to GL instead of college or after one season don't have.

It appears his dribbling and overall ability to score regularly and often was his weakness, which I would think comes with more repetitions against professional level talent. The G League did wonders for Devonte, who in my opinion needed to work on the same things that Ochai needs to work on.

Maybe a college degree is a priority for him, which would be a wonderful thing to hear from a young man who seems to be a terrific person.

I'm happy to have him back for sure. Best of everything to him for this coming season.

Rock Chalk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk, Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.