Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Thank you , TexKan

• sasnak
  • sasnak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 years 10 months ago #27170 by sasnak
I am sad to announce the passing of one our originals, TexKan. I met him thru this board but our sisters were and are great friends for most of their lives.

https://www.leavenworthtimes.com/obituaries/story-obituaries-2021-05-27-thomas-william-sargent-7476622002

Thank you , Texkan for your friendship, your humor and your knowledge. Rock Chalk!!

It'll feel better when it stops hurting
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kong, HawkErrant, Bayhawk, wchawk, gorillahawk, jayhawk969, wardhawk, porthawk, murphyslaw, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
2 years 10 months ago #27171 by HawkErrant
Sad to read of texkans's passing. He was an original and a beloved membber of the Rock Chalk Board.

Anna and I and a fortunate few got to meet tex and some of his family at an RCB lunch hosted by hoshi a few years ago. It was a wonderful, pre-pandemic afternoon and as always, a fun time was had by all.

Our condolences to Nurse and all of the extended texkan family, he will be remembered with great fondness.

RAWWCK CHAWWLK,,,
JAYYY HAWWWK...
KAYYY uuuuu...

RAWWCK CHAWWLK,,,
JAYYY HAWWWK...
KAYYY uuuuu...

[FOR TEXKAN!]

ROCK CHALK!
JAY HAWK!
KU!

ROCK CHALK!
JAY HAWK!
KU!

ROCK CHALK!
JAY HAWK!
K U!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: sasnak, Bayhawk, gorillahawk, jayhawk969, porthawk, murphyslaw, jaythawk1

• jaythawk1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • RCJH! e'77, b'77
More
2 years 10 months ago #27172 by jaythawk1
To you TexKan, ‘Nurse, “Jell-O shots all around!”’

Education Is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence~Robert Frost
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, sasnak, Bayhawk, gorillahawk

More
2 years 10 months ago #27173 by hairyhawk
This saddens me. I never met TexKan but was lucky enough to read his posts which were always wonderful. They were both knowledgeable and entertaining. He brought a lot of joy into my life just through his presence on the board. I wish his family as much peace as they can find. Please remember all the joy he brought into the world. As others have said ....“Jell-O shots all around!”’
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, sasnak, gorillahawk, jayhawk969, jaythawk1

More
2 years 10 months ago #27174 by murphyslaw
You entertained us for years on this board, TexKan. You will be sadly missed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, sasnak, gorillahawk, jayhawk969, jaythawk1

More
2 years 10 months ago #27175 by DocBlues
Very sad news. I always enjoyed his posts and his sense of humor. He'll be missed.

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #27183 by gorillahawk
I too enjoyed meeting the legendary Texkan and everyone at the that wonderful luncheon hosted a while back by hoshi and his lovely wife...thanks for posting about this...have been loving his posts for many years...will miss his sports acumen and vast life experience...Hope he had a blissful reunion with his #1 Son...and know that he will be greatly missed by his #2 Son and the rest of his family...I'm not much for Jello Shots anymore, although I sure could use a good Nurse...but I'm also sure that his faithful Nurse has served well and true and deserves a long rest...also hope that he will be continually watching our Jayhawks from the best seats in the eternal Phog... (or why else would they call it Heaven?) ...Rock Chalk...and, Thank You Texkan! :)
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by gorillahawk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, sasnak, Bayhawk, jaythawk1

More
2 years 10 months ago #27196 by NotOstertag
Thanks for posting the obit. I never had the good fortune to meet Texkan and only knew him through the board and his witty and often cryptic posts. Certainly added a lot of character and fun to this place. Godspeed, Texkan. You will truly be missed.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, DocBlues, jaythawk1

More
2 years 10 months ago #27202 by Kong
Very very saddened by this news. I have known Texkan for many years and connected with him off and on here in the DC area for watch parties and the like. To say he was a good guy would be a gross understatement.

All the best to him in his final resting and deepest sympathies to his family in their grief.

One of a kind and we are worse without him

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk

• replayloungehawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 10 months ago #27203 by replayloungehawk
Thank you for sharing this. I'm saddened to hear of his death. I never met him in person but will say years back on this board I got offended by someone and Tex reached out to me and told me to not let stuff bother me and that it was all going to be OK. I thought that was pretty cool to do. He will be missed. Rock Chalk to you TexKan!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
2 years 10 months ago #27204 by hoshi
Exclelent advice and one the whole country should embrace.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, wardhawk