Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Can Kansas Stay Competitive

• hairyhawk
  • hairyhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 11 months ago #27122 by hairyhawk
I think this will be needed for the D1 schools in Kansas to stay competitive. Though it really does open a can of worms

LJW Article

My question is. If a booster gives a recruit money it is a violation. If a booster buys a picture of a recruit for the same amount of money will that be legal?
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
2 years 11 months ago #27125 by AZhawk87
The can is already open and the worms are squiggling everywhere.

I happen to feel that the players should be compensated, as they're the ones making billions for the schools and coaches.

Having said that, kids have been profiting from their name, likeness and skill for decades. They're already paid big money to go to certain schools, wear certain shoes, go to certain parties or businesses, all underground (sort of). Making it above board won't change a thing.

Also, the Transfer portal is the worst structured free agency program of any sport. At least require 2 years before being able to transfer. This current setup is a reshuffling of rosters on an annual basis, with players moving to same conference schools. Jeez.

At this point, someone better figure out how to move the elite players out of college sports, and create a program for 3-4 year kids who won't be in line for huge money grabs. Otherwise college sports will be just another minor pro league.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.