Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

What a performance by Baylor- NCAA Champs

• LKF_HAWK
  • LKF_HAWK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #26997 by LKF_HAWK
Still don’t like Scott Drew, but congratulations to to Baylor. What a performance by that team, they are an absolute matchup nightmare. Kansas has a rival, and its now up to Self and company to step up their game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #26998 by CorpusJayhawk
1.283 PPP against a great Gonzaga team. An pure offensive clinic. Heck even Gonzaga had 1.045 PPP. Two great
Great offensive teams.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

• LKF_HAWK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #26999 by LKF_HAWK
Baylor played great offensively, but their defense stepped up and let them gain that separation. Ok 2021 is done, how many days to Late Night?
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, murphyslaw

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #27000 by wchawk
I echo the "not a Scott Drew fan" and congrats to Baylor. But I'm going to go with the "we were one of two to beat the champs" this year. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Rock Chalk!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, murphyslaw, newtonhawk

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #27001 by HawkErrant

wchawk wrote: I echo the "not a Scott Drew fan" and congrats to Baylor. But I'm going to go with the "we were one of two to beat the champs" this year. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Rock Chalk!

Current Big 12 teams with NC in their history:

KU - 3 (1952, 1988, 2008) (+ 2020* :( )
OKSt - 2 (1945, 1946)
BU - 1 (2021)

Welcome to the club, Bears.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, murphyslaw

• LKF_HAWK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #27004 by LKF_HAWK
This is NCAA titles only, because technically KU has 5 titles.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #27005 by HawkErrant

LKF_HAWK wrote: This is NCAA titles only, because technically KU has 5 titles.

The operative word being "technically".

The Helms titles were awarded, no championship game was played because there was none to be played.

I totally agree with hanging the banners and including them when we talk KANSAS national titles (as you can see in every ATWP post I make with the KU OBJECTIVES at the bottom of each post). I even think we should hang a banner honoring the 2020 team (again, see the bottom of my ATWP posts).

But they are not the same as NCAA Tournament titles, and frankly we are the only ones that care about or COUNT anything else.

I see posters and t-shirts that not only do not note that the 1922 and 1923 titles are not NCAA titles, but actually are crafted to imply that they are, and that is lying. It would be one thing if the NCAA went back and recognized all the mythical national champions from before 1939 for the titles they were awarded. At least then we could point to that NCAA recognition in support of our including them.

Until that day, and probably even after it if it ever comes to pass, NOBODY outside Jayhawk Nation looks at any NC but the NCAA Tournament title, so I keep it to titles NO ONE ELSE CAN ARGUE about.

Apples to apples, friend.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, murphyslaw