Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

UNC chooses Hubert Davis as Roy’s successor

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
2 years 11 months ago #26992 by konza63
The Tarheels keep it in house. This is the name I told HE the other day I thought was the only internal guy who might be up to their search caliber.

Should be interesting...

www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/sto...placing-roy-williams

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
2 years 11 months ago #26995 by HawkErrant
Should be interesting indeed!

I’ve noted that while staying in house has worked pretty well for the tarred ones, this will be the first time since Frank McGuire recommended assistant coach Smith replace him that the selector was not Smith. And you know Roy, like Dean, had a lot of say in who replaced him.

I note this because the Matt Doherty hire happened because Roy sold Dean on Roy’s former assistant.

Will Roy get his average up to .500?

Wish him the best, unless he is facing the Jayhawks.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.