Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

And here we go... (Really don't want to read this)

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #26971 by konza63
It looks like Pat Forde* of SI is the first (of probably many) to rip KU on the Self contract, and by extension KU's attitude toward the NCAA:

www.si.com/college/2021/04/02/bill-self-...s-ncaa-investigation

I refuse to read it (yet) just because I don't want to ruin my day...but it really saddens and disheartens me that our historic program and beloved alma mater are going to be dragged through the mud six ways to Sunday in the days, weeks, and months ahead.

* As many likely know, Forde is a disgruntled Misery grad who has always hated KU but who sadly has a very prominent national sportswriting perch from which he can pour forth his toxin and disdain.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 3 years 1 week ago by konza63.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 years 1 week ago #26972 by HawkErrant
As you noted, he's never had a kind word for KU at any time in his writing career.''

Hard to get excited about more of the same.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
3 years 1 week ago #26973 by LKF_HAWK
I read it and it’s the type of biased garbage you would expect Pat Forde to write. He assails KU’a history of being able to attract big city kids to the prairie..what about those kids that go to Bloomington, IN, Lexington, Waco, Durham, Chapel Hill, it’s like Lawrence isn’t within a short car ride to a large metropolitan area..
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, HawkErrant

• HawkErrant
More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #26974 by HawkErrant
And I have to ask, konza63, not being mean -- well, ok, maybe a little light elbow in the ribs or a knee knock under the table -- if you don't want to read it because you don't want to spoil your day, why are you offering it up to your fellow RCBers when it could possibly have a negative impact on theirs?

Save manure for Mondays, my brother, Mondays are bad enough to begin with, so you'll be less likely to ruin a day that's a Monday.

Another load for the back 40 from Forde. Isn't he old enough to retire now so he can spew his bile in private?

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 3 years 1 week ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wardhawk

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #26976 by konza63
Because I believe in staying informed. And I personally have a patent action to work on today, but figured some other Hawk fans might have spare time and want to see what a prominent national sports publication is allowing to be written and propagated about our school and program.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 3 years 1 week ago by konza63.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

• HawkErrant
More
3 years 1 week ago #26977 by HawkErrant
... a sampling of some comments on the article from other sites, obviously with a KU bias (and what's wrong with that?).

He went full on scorched earth. No holding back. The contract compounds his frustration with his inability to be able to comprehend the facts of the matter.

=====
If you read the Adidas trial facts and understand the evidence (Forde clearly does not) then you understand why the NCAA is stuck. They got themselves involved in a situation before fully understanding the facts.

=====
He’s still hurting that Misery hired Quin Snyder instead of Bill

The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, wardhawk

More
3 years 1 week ago #26981 by Bayhawk

HawkErrant wrote: He’s still hurting that Misery hired Quin Snyder instead of Bill

WORD!!! B)

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: wardhawk

More
3 years 1 week ago #26993 by rainyhawk
He wasn’t the only one. Just saw an article with multiple tweets about the contract and how awful KU is....basically they are all assuming that whatever the NCAA has alleged is the gospel truth. Go figure.