Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

KU commits on TV

• newtonhawk
  • newtonhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 3 weeks ago #26955 by newtonhawk
Take note if you're interested in a preview of some Jayhawk commits, along with a couple of Baylor commits.

Sunrise Academy in Bel Aire, KS is in the finals of the Geico High School National Tourney and will play Montverde Academy (FL) tomorrow, Saturday (Apr. 3) at 11:00am CDT on ESPN. Sunrise lost to them twice during the season, so they are hungry for a win to finish the season with a championship.

Sunrise has the following ESPN ranked players:
No. 10 Kennedy Chandler (Tennessee),
No. 20 Kendall Brown (Baylor),
No. 31 Zach Clemence (Kansas),
No. 63 Jaden Akins (Michigan State);
No. 21 Jr. Gradey Dick (Kansas)

Montverde has the following ESPN ranked players:
No. 7 Caleb Houstan (Michigan),
No. 23 Langston Love (Baylor);
No. 2 Jr. Jalen Duran,
No. 6 Jr. Dariq Whitehead,
No. 22 Jr. Jalen Hood-Schifino,
No. 38 Jr. Justice Williams,
No. 50 Jr. Malik Reneau;
No. 20 So. Sam Walters
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #26978 by konza63
Did anyone happen to watch this? If so, any thoughts on the two incoming KU players? Thanks in advance, if so!

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #26979 by HawkErrant
Both KU guys were with Sunrise Christian Academy.

2021 class: KU signee Zach Clemence (6-10/205 PF) is a true stretch 4, shot well from 3 and inside. He puts on some weight he can dominate in the post as well. Fast on his feet, good passer. Moved his feet well, should translate to a solid defender, although it seemed he matadored a driver or two late in the game.

2022 class: KU commit Gradey Dick (6-7/200 G/F) can do it all, but with a team full of seniors seemed to defer some. When he did not, he made some sweet shots. We are going to enjoy him and all the double entendres he will bring with him during his KU career.

Also impressive (unfortunately for us as KU fans) were the Baylor 2021 signees.

Kendall Brown (6-8/200 SF with Sunrise Christian) looked to be the best player on the floor, period. He will be a load to handle.
Langston Love (6-4/190 SG with Monteverde, but originally from Universal City, TX just east of I-35 in the NE corner of the San Antonio metro area) looked darned good as well.

Darned hard to fault Drew's recruiting.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: porthawk

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #26980 by HawkErrant
A viewing hint for the future... I recorded the game earlier in the day as I had too much other stuff to do. I then watched it in between the two FF games. (I had them both recording as well, so I didn't miss anything.)

Helped my home life dramatically to be able to consolidate all the hoops into that 7 hour block instead of spread out across the day.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"