Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Our Recruiting Class is Interesting and Diverse

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 3 weeks ago #26924 by CorpusJayhawk
All of the sudden our recruiting class got interesting and diverse. I don't really keep up but with all the happenings and thanks to all who post stuff on the board I have read a few articles.

We have a true point guard (although more in the Devon Dotson mold slasher/scorer) in Bobby Pettiford
We have a some beef - KJ Adams and Sydney Curry are stout fellows
We have some stretch bigs -- both 6'9" Cam Martin and 6'10" Zach Clemence can supposedly drain the threes consistently.
We have some size in Martina nd Clemence again and KJ at the 3 has decent size at 6'6"
A couple real questions. With stretch bigs, will Self go back to playing 2 bigs?
We have not recruited a true wing shooter (a la Isaiah Moss). I have no indication that KJ is that guy or Pettiford.
Are we improving our athleticism?
These are some interesting pieces but like every recruiting class, we will not know how it all fits together until tip-off in November. It would be nice to add an assassin 3 point shooter who can also play defense. But we might have something we have never had, true stretch 4's.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, HawkErrant, gorillahawk, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.